This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Special Feature: George MacDonald

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Special Feature: George MacDonald

Postby johobbit » Oct 13, 2009 12:23 pm

Please note that this SF will be closing on Thursday evening.
johobbit

Postby daughter of the King » Oct 14, 2009 1:27 pm

Tangle wrote:Has anyone else read C.S. Lewis' anthology on George MacDonald?

Nope, been meaning to though.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby Destined-To-Reign » Oct 15, 2009 10:27 am

Wow, Mel. That animated "Princess and the Goblin" looks-interesting. :P I don't think I'll ever be watching that . . . ;)) I wish someone would try a live action The Princess and the Goblin. They could make it such a magical tale! :)
lysander wrote:Oh dear, you make me (and those of my ilk) sound so villainous here.
Ah, but of course. That was the point. :P ;) I do hope you give it another try eventually. And I want to hear all about it, when you do. . .
Those quotes are lovely, Phosphorus! :D

Speaking of how much Lewis respected MacDonald, and drew some of his ideas into The Chronicles and other books, a quote Decarus posted in a game today made me think of this.
Lucy in Prince Caspian wrote:'Wouldn't it be dreadful if some day in our own world, at home, men started going wild inside, like the animals here, and still looked like men, so that you'd never know which were which?'

That was something that MacDonald had developed fully. in The Princess and Curdie. I just found that very interesting . . .
Destined-To-Reign
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Meltintalle » Oct 15, 2009 1:48 pm

I think the key word in your sentence about a live action Princess and the Goblin is 'could', DTR. Do you suppose they could make the last word plural while they're at it? ;) ;))

DTR wrote: Those quotes are lovely, Phosphorus! :D
Ditto! :D

Interesting parallel! I seem to remember noticing it in passing last time I read TPaC, but there might have been another one...
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Previous