This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The shot is up...and its good! General Sports Discussion

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The shot is up...and its good! General Sports Discussion

Postby SnowAngel » Nov 13, 2017 2:13 pm

With two games left in the season the Mizzou Tigers football team is finally 5-5 after winning 4 in a row. And they can actually look they can compete. Would totally awesome if they can beat both Vanderbilt and Arkansas to finish the season.

I am not a basketball fan, but I am definitely looking forward to seeing what Mizzou does this season.

What I won't give to be able to watch more St. Louis Blues games...they will be on NBCSN next week and I will definitely be watching. :D

SnowAngel
We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble
and write our blessings in sand. — C.H. Spurgeon
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby stargazer » Feb 06, 2018 12:44 am

Congrats to the Philadelphia Eagles and their fans for their first championship in the Super Bowl era. It was a high scoring game that everyone at our Super Bowl party found quite entertaining. 7-month old Lily Foles got a lot of cuteness points as her father held her during the post-game awards. And downtown Minneapolis looked pretty impressive in some of the aerial shots taken during the game, with lots of lights (many of them purple, perhaps in anticipation of the salute to local musician Prince during the halftime show).

A few commercials got laughs in our group, including some of the Tide spots that spoofed previous Super Bowl commercials.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby SnowAngel » Mar 29, 2018 9:42 pm

*whispers* The Blues are really hot, they have won 6 straight games including 3 overtime games. They might still have a chance at making the playoffs. :)

Looks like the KC Royals and the STL Cardinals forget today was Opening Day. 8-|

SnowAngel
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby SnowAngel » Aug 18, 2018 9:03 pm

My Cardinals are hot!!! B-) Winners of ten of their last eleven games. They're currently four games back of the Cubs in the Central and a half game ahead of the Brewers for the second wild card spot. My siblings and I enjoyed watching today's game. We'll be watching again tomorrow when the Cardinals go for a sweep of the Brewers. :)

SnowAngel
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby narnianerd » Dec 05, 2018 3:26 am

Can someone please let the Pittsburgh Steelers know that they are giving me heart problems? For real man, I'm just trying to have a relaxing Sunday this week, every game day they stop my heart with some last second craziness that makes me want to pull my hair out. Ben isn't getting any younger dangit. =))

Anywho, I can't get enough of the offenses this year in the NFL, it's like every game is a drunken Madden match played between two college bros. No defense played whatsoever. KC, Rams and Saints are friggen crazy good. It's gonna be either a really awesome playoff season, or really boring as the better team blows out the other. Either way its gonna be fun. Here we go!
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby SnowAngel » Dec 06, 2018 9:07 pm

I for one am really enjoying KC Chiefs season. So much fun watching Patrick Mahomes' rookie season. :) Seems like they could go far this year. B-)

My Mizzou Tigers are ranked for the first time in three years. I'm looking forward to their bowl game the end of the month. And next season looks pretty good with QB Kelly Bryant transferring to Mizzou.

The St. Louis Cardinals traded for Paul Goldschmidt, can't believe they actually did it. :-bd 2019 Cardinals baseball is looking good too! :D

I don't want to talk about the St. Louis Blues, but what is wrong with them this season? 8-| :-$

SnowAngel
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby narnianerd » Dec 21, 2018 6:09 am

SnowAngel, no doubt that Patty Mahomes is an absolute monster. That no-look pass he pulled the other day was insane! I'm just happy that the AFC is going through a competition revival. For a while there it felt like it was the Pat's conference to lose. And you know what they say about the Patriots....

No one likes them. =))

Speaking of, I went bezerk the other day when we beat them, full on yinzer mode. It felt like an early Christmas miracle. Now my Steeler boys have to go to the house that Drew Brees built. It's gonna be a rough game for sure, but we'll see what happens.
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby SnowAngel » Dec 31, 2018 5:32 pm

For a football fan there is a lot of pleasure to be found in hating the Patriots. ;)

Loved seeing Patrick Mahomes get 5,000 yards and 50 touchdowns yesterday, what a season for him. Now that the regular season is over and the KC Chiefs are the number one seed in the AFC, I think the Chiefs could go all the way to the Super Bowl, but only if the offense is very consistent.

I'm trying to watch the Liberty Bowl, but my Missouri Tigers are driving me insane. Why didn't they show up in the game sooner? And then losing the lead in the third quarter. And that blocked field goal that would have given them the lead. Ugh. ~x( It's a good thing The Thin Man movies are on TCM right now.

SnowAngel
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby SnowAngel » Feb 09, 2019 2:15 pm

Not even going to mention football, college or pro.

Spring training is just around the corner and I am so ready for baseball. :) Two weeks until Cardinals' first spring training game.

The St. Louis Blues have finally won four games in a row and they could make it five shortly. They have several games schedule to be on NBC/NBCSN in the next few weeks including tomorrow's game. :D

SnowAngel
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby SnowAngel » Feb 27, 2019 12:31 am

Doesn't anyone else watch sports? :( Guess I'll just have to talk to myself. :ymdaydream:

The Blues' eleven game win streak was so awesome, I got to watch several games and it was such fun. The games against the Predators were amazing. I love it when they beat Nashville, not sure why, but I really don't like them. Jordan Binnington is so calm, wow. B-)

Spring training has started...I am so ready to actually watch a baseball game. Very excited about the Miles Mikolas contract extension, he was amazing last year for the Cardinals.

SnowAngel
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby stargazer » Mar 03, 2019 3:57 pm

I watch sports on occasion, SA, but haven't had much to say of late.

I don't follow soccer, but a local news item got my attention. The local team, Minnesota United FC, will be moving into a brand new stadium this season. It was built pretty close to the place I lived back in the late 80s and early 90s.

It's not enclosed, and I can't help wondering how they're going to deal with the tons of snow currently covering the pitch before the season starts.

(The local MLB team has a similar issue; even though their home opener comes in April, there's often snow to be removed from the seats in Target Field).
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby SnowAngel » Mar 23, 2019 3:45 pm

Well, it's less than a week until Opening Day and I am so ready for baseball. :) I truly miss living in area where I could watch the Cardinals regularly, it's so hard to tell how good a team really is when you only get to watch an occasional game. The temptation to get a MLB.TV subscription is very real.

I am thoroughly shocked the St. Louis Cardinals successfully negotiated multiple contract extensions this spring, and two of those were big ones: Miles Mikolas (4 years) and Paul Goldschmidt (5 years). I've only seen part of two spring training games, so I have yet to see Goldschmidt play. But I have high hopes for the team with in him in the lineup.

St. Louis Blues are down to their last few games of the regular season, only seven games left after today's game. Today's game is free online, so as long as the internet cooperates I will be watching it shortly. And two of their final four games will be on national tv next month. They are still four points back of Nashville.

SnowAngel
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby SnowAngel » Apr 18, 2019 8:44 pm

That was an awesome third period...and Jaden Schwartz's goal with 15 seconds left in the game was amazing. :-bd It's good thing my parents have mostly gotten use to me watching hockey 'cause I yelled so loud when Schwartz scored the game winner and my siblings did as well. :D Jordan Binnington was phenomenal once again. Boy, am I excited for game 6 on Saturday!

SnowAngel
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby SnowAngel » May 06, 2019 12:41 pm

I think this thread is in need of a new name, one that more accurately reflects the content...namely my sports obsession. ;)

What a series this has been between the Blues and the Stars, I've had so much fun watching it with my siblings. The Blues played some good hockey in game 6, that third period was crazy. Never know what will happen when Colton Parayko shoots the puck. :) So excited for game 7 tomorrow night. :D

The Cardinals seem to be stuck in a rut right now, I hate when they get swept by the Cubs and what's even worse I saw all three games on TV. :( Their pitching seems to have gone missing the last four games. Hopefully they will get back on track tonight against the Phillies.

SnowAngel
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby SnowAngel » Jun 14, 2019 11:55 am

Well, it's been over a month and a number of Blues games since my last post...so here I am again. :)

THE ST. LOUIS BLUES ARE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!! :-bd B-) \:D/ \m/ How about those Blues going literally from worst to first this year! :D My siblings and I had such fun together watching the Blues this postseason with the exception of the game they lost on my birthday. But since they won their first Stanley Cup, I think I can forget about that other game. ;)

The Cardinals are still up and down, they can't seem to find any consistency.

SnowAngel
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby Geekicheep » Aug 06, 2019 4:25 pm

Hey, SnowAngel, conga-rats on your St. Louis Blues! As a hockey fan myself, I loved that series! As a Buffalo Sabres fan, I always love to see a "worst to first" story (especially when they beat Boston! I mean... uh... yeah that's cool). =)) Seriously though, I don't know if you're a big hockey fan or just into all things MO sports, but my home team has never won a Cup - so stories like this are the best! So although I'm not necessarily a Blues fan, I just wanted to say way to go St. Louie!

PS: I REALLY like your signature! Good advice IMO.
Yes, I'm a mouse... I mean, a geek!
Geekicheep
NarniaWeb Regular

PreviousNext