This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The shot is up...and its good! General Sports Discussion

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The shot is up...and its good! General Sports Discussion

Postby TheGeneral » Nov 03, 2009 7:13 am

stargazer wrote:
Vikings fan here (I live in the Twin Cities). But there are still a lot of Green Bay fans here, since we're quite close to Wisconsin, and perhaps some older fans that cheered for the Packers before Minnesota got a team back in 1961.

hey me too. The game last sunday was awesome (love it whenever the vikes beat greenbay), especially since now that we have Favre :D
TheGeneral
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Tirian12 » Nov 03, 2009 10:05 am

oof! i can't do football...sorry. i like rugby (which people say is like football, but really isn't)
Image avie/sig by me
"The last enemy to be defeated is death." -1 Corinthians 15:26 http://www.youtube.com/user/voldythemoldy http://twitter.com/#!/voldythemoldy1
Tirian12
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Narnian_Warrior » Nov 03, 2009 7:04 pm

FencerforJesus wrote:I was rooting for the Broncos yesterday, but Baltimore pulled off an incredible attack plan that shut down the Denver O save for two drives. Next week Denver hosts Pittsburg and I think they will make appropriate adjustments to pull off a win against the Steelers.

Hm, I don't like the Bronco's because they beat the Panthers a couple weeks ago.My guess is that the steelers will beat the Broncos.
Image sig by MementoMorrie
Narnian_Warrior
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby FencerforJesus » Nov 03, 2009 8:12 pm

The Broncos don't play the Panthers this year. You must be thinking the Patriots or the Chargers. The Bronco/Steeler game is going to be a good one. That one will have playoff implication and the winner will have a good chance at joining the Colts for a 1st round bye. But I must say the Broncos have the easier schedule as their only tough games left are the Steelers, Colts, and maybe Philly (due to a road game). Yes Denver still has the Chargers and Giants left but those are home games. I see Denver still going 12-4 or 13-3 this year and getting a 1st Round Bye. Homefield throughout all depends on thier showdown with Indy.
Be watching for the release of my spiritual warfare novel under a new title: "Call to Arms" by OakTara Publishing. A sequel (title TBD) will shortly follow.
FencerforJesus
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Narnian_Warrior » Nov 05, 2009 10:29 am

FencerforJesus wrote:The Broncos don't play the Panthers this year. You must be thinking the Patriots or the Chargers....

Um, yes they did. I'm sure of it. I watched the entire game and I'm positive it was the Broncos that beat the Panthers.

Can't wait for the Patriot game. Go PANTHERS!
Narnian_Warrior
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby FencerforJesus » Nov 05, 2009 10:58 am

Here has been Denver's schedule thus far.
At Cincinnatti W 13-7
vs Cleveland W 30-6
at Oakland W 23-3
vs Dallas W 17-10
vs New England W 20-17
at San Diego W 34-23
Bye
at Baltimore L 30-7

Each team played one division from the other conference. Denver has the NFC East this year. They have Dallas (already won), Washington, Giants and Philly. Denver would only get the Panthers if both go to the Super Bowl.
The only team the Panthers play in the AFC this year are the Patriots, Jets, Dophins, and Bills. Since you are rooting for the Panthers, I think you might be thinking of the Buffalo Bills. I think they beat the Panthers a few weeks ago.

And yes, I will be rooting for the Panthers against the Patriots. It will give the Broncos more breathing room for that 1st Round Bye in the AFC playoffs.
Be watching for the release of my spiritual warfare novel under a new title: "Call to Arms" by OakTara Publishing. A sequel (title TBD) will shortly follow.
FencerforJesus
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby narnialover4 » Nov 06, 2009 12:51 pm

Was anyone else disappointed by the outcome of the World Series??
"Are you sure you're eighteen?"
"Why? Do I look older?"
narnialover4
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby stargazer » Nov 06, 2009 12:56 pm

I would have preferred to see the Phillies repeat, but the Yankees were the better team in this Series. Maybe next year "my" Twins will advance farther in the playoffs (they'll finally be playing outdoors again! Hopefully the home opener won't be snowed out ;) )

Still, the Yankees have won the Series 27 times. That's an impressive accomplishment.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby TheGeneral » Nov 10, 2009 8:19 pm

I'm going to the Vikings game this Sunday, the first ever for me. I'm excited B-)
TheGeneral
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby FencerforJesus » Nov 10, 2009 8:36 pm

You guys ought to win that one. My team, Denver just finished the toughest part of the schedule. And regardless of the expectations put on them at the beginning of the season, for them to get through Cincy, Dallas, NE, SD, Baltimore, and Pittsburg and come through with a 6-2 record is pretty impressive. (Their wins with Cleveland and Oakland were gimmies). They have a game to rebound against Washington before a big showdown with SD in Denver.

On a non-professional note, I will be gone this weekend at a fencing tournament in Santa Fe. This is a pretty big one with about 100 fencers registered in the main event. I'm looking forward to the challenge and my goal here is to reach the Round of 32 (that will mean two Direct Elimination victories which has been an eluding goal for me). It's going to be fun, win or lose. I just hope to not draw any local fencers from my area because I see them all the time.
FencerforJesus
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Narnian_Warrior » Nov 14, 2009 7:45 am

FencerforJesus wrote: Since you are rooting for the Panthers, I think you might be thinking of the Buffalo Bills. I think they beat the Panthers a few weeks ago. And yes, I will be rooting for the Panthers against the Patriots. It will give the Broncos more breathing room for that 1st Round Bye in the AFC playoffs.

Ahh, that's right. I don't know why but I always get the Bills and the Broncos mixed up. Unfortunately it looks like any playoff hops are gone considering the Panthers are now 3-5-0. By the way did anyone see the end of the Dolphins Patriots game? I never heard the outcome.
Narnian_Warrior
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby stargazer » Nov 15, 2009 2:33 pm

TheGeneral wrote:I'm going to the Vikings game this Sunday, the first ever for me.

Hope you had a good time at the game! With their 27-10 win over Detroit today the Vikings improve to 7-1, and, barring a collpase in the second half of the season, are in good shape to take the NFC North this year.

At the moment Indianapolis and New Orleans remain the only undefeated teams, at 8-0.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby TheGeneral » Nov 16, 2009 6:56 am

stargazer wrote:Hope you had a good time at the game! With their 27-10 win over Detroit today the Vikings improve to 7-1, and, barring a collpase in the second half of the season, are in good shape to take the NFC North this year.

Thanks I did, it was awesome :p :ymapplause: . I'm real excitied about this season.
But I think I wore myself out yesterday lol
TheGeneral
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Narnian_Warrior » Nov 17, 2009 10:22 am

stargazer wrote:At the moment Indianapolis and New Orleans remain the only undefeated teams, at 8-0.

Speaking of the Colts did you see them beat the Patriots? Wow what an ending! I can't believe they went for it on fourth down instead of just punting it away and relying on their defense.
Narnian_Warrior
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby stargazer » Dec 01, 2009 3:51 pm

Belated congrats to Joe Mauer of the Twins, this year's MVP in the American League.

In the NFC, talk is already turning to the playoffs, with the Saints (11-0) and the Vikings (10-1) duking it out for home field advantage (barring a season-end collapse by either team). The Eagles and Packers (both 7-4) have the edge in the wild-card hunt.

In the AFC, the Colts (11-0) have their spot sewn up; the other divisions are too close to call at the moment.
stargazer

Postby FencerforJesus » Dec 01, 2009 4:13 pm

After the Saints blowout of the overrated Pats (this is not the same team that won 3 SB in 4 years, nor the one that cruised to a 16-0 season) if the Saints and Vikings are not in the NFC Championship Game, something dramtic would have to happen. That being said, the Cardials did it last year, coming out of no-where to compete with the Steelers in the Super Bowl.

The Colts are undefeated, but barely. They have had many close games and right now, their biggest challenge will be a Denver D that's playing to thier potential. The Broncos get a week to prepare with the Chiefs before going to Indy. They have the best chance and ruining Indy's perfect season. And though they are a game back, only a MAJOR upset by the Chiefs or the Raiders will keep them away from the Chargers. Go Broncos.

Current AFC Picture, Colts are in. Bengals are almost a clinch, with a three game lead in thier division (two games plus tie breakers). Denver and Chargers will go to the wire as usual, but this time, both are going to the playoffs, one as a Div winner, one as a Wild Card. The Pats are a Dophin win away from having thier Division a race again. They are looking at a 4th seed right now. Wild Card Race: Denver's in the lead. Ravens are next with the Steelers, Jags, and Dolphins in reach. Of course, so are the now upstart Titans. It wasn't that long ago when the Titans started 0-7 en route to a 8-8 record, with Vince Young at the helm. I won't rule them out yet.
FencerforJesus
NarniaWeb Zealot

PreviousNext