This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Dream Journal

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Dream Journal

Postby johobbit » Aug 30, 2015 4:51 pm

3 years later, it's time to unlock this topic ... ;))

So, Nellie (my daughter) had a Narnia dream the other night. She can't get on to post now, so asked me to do so on her behalf:

The Silver Chair movie was released, but for some reason she was only able to see bits and pieces of it. But characters from other stories were also involved, such as
*the dwarves from The Hobbit
*Bilbo, but he was a female hobbit :P
*Eustace, but he was still the former grouchy, miserable, pre-dragoned Eustace
*a donkey named Puddle. Nellie thinks this name was an odd combination of Puddleglum and Puzzle ;))
*there was a dragon, but he was a friendly sort. In fact, Nellie suggested he should be more ferocious and terrifying, like the dragon in Sleeping Beauty, at which point she was treated to that clip from SB in her dream
*there was no sign of Rilian in the film (at least in the parts she saw)
*but the most fun part was that the film script had been found in someone's pocket at a movie theatre AND one of the co-writers was C.S. Lewis, himself! Not that he was still alive, but the script had been written decades before and had been lost all that time. And Nellie had no idea why CSL would incorporate some of JRRT's characters. /:)
johobbit

Postby stargazer » Sep 03, 2015 11:02 am

Sounds like a fun dream!

I had a dream related to The Hobbit overnight, but didn't remember much when I woke up - only that I wanted to check the beginning of the book to see if a "machinist" was mentioned.

Strange, I know. ;))
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby King_Erlian » Nov 04, 2015 3:02 am

I had a Narnia-related dream last night. I dreamed I and some friends were transported into Narnia, where we found there were four city-states within Narnia all at war with one another, and the "real" Narnians were all living in an underground bunker (shades of Prince Caspian here), which bore a striking resemblance to Bag End. What was awkward was that, while my friends all remained human, I had been transformed into a Talking Owl, and I was constantly being bothered by a family of orphaned dumb owls who wanted me to adopt them. Some Narnian prince or other told me this was quite common among Talking Beasts. I found flying around terrific fun, but picking things up was a pain, and eating proved difficult as my taste in food had remained human.

(Aside: the spell checker is fine with "Narnia" but objects to "Narnian".)
King_Erlian
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby johobbit » Jan 27, 2016 12:31 pm

;)) King_Erlian, fascinating dream!

Nellie had a dream last night, and she asked me to post it here on her behalf: johobbit had lost her beloved Elven brooch and was feeling very desperate, because how on Middle-earth was she going to get through Shelob's Lair without it?! You see, it had an egg that glowed that attached to the top of the brooch, but the egg (which, we presume, was filled with light from Galadriel's phial) would not light up unless it was secured to the brooch. Sadly, neither were found in the dream, so we're not sure if she made it through that horrible Lair or not.
:P
johobbit

Postby mm1991 » Dec 24, 2016 10:59 pm

I keep dreaming about the video games I'm playing. Right now I'm obsessed with Stardew Valley. So I've been dreaming that I'm playing the game and that I keep messing up my farm and not getting the crops grown in time! :|
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

mm1991
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Valiant_Nymph » May 05, 2018 8:27 pm

I always have nightmares or bad dreams :( It is so rare for me to have a good dream that I remember them very distinctly. One good dream I recently had helped me come up a scene for my novel :)

Sometimes I have dreams about spiders. Those are so awful!
Valiant_Nymph
NarniaWeb Junkie

Previous