This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Fabulous Fashion

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Fabulous Fashion

Postby Valiant_Lucy » Sep 07, 2009 11:37 am

Fashion fades, style is eternal.

So says world famous fashion designer Yves Saint Laurent. And now let's get down to it. :D This thread is for anything to do with fashion, style, and costumes!
Just remember:

NarniaWeb Forum Rules wrote:16.) Do not post photographs of people (or yourself) in revealing clothing, including bathing suits.

If you're unsure about whether or not something may be appropriate for the thread, post a link (instead of a picture) with a warning. :)

So I'll start off with a few things I found on anthropologie.com this afternoon...

Pretty green/black dress

Black/yellow dress

Yellow wedge heels

Amazing beaded cuff bracelet
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Marilyn Monroe
Valiant_Lucy
Moderator Emeritus
The IMAR&NB mod

Re: Fabulous Fashion

Postby briofthesilversea » Sep 07, 2009 12:13 pm

Ooh, think about the last three posts all worn at the same time! I think that would be pretty spiffy. I'm planning on going as Selene from Underworld this Halloween, and I thought that either of these corsets would work for it. I'd wear them otherwise, too, so spending $30 wouldn't so bad. :p

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Apparel/Tops/Corsets/Black-Grommet-Strap-Corset-Vest-235882.jsp

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Apparel/Tops/Corsets/Tripp-Black-Grommet-Chain-Corset-Vest-239256.jsp

And then these pants minus the suspenders, perhaps, with combat boots.
http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Apparel/Bottoms/Pants/Tripp-Zip-And-Safety-Pin-Skinny-Pants-225927.jsp

And aside from Halloween costumes, I like these. (Warning - Others may not find these quite as awesome as I do :p :ymblushing: )

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Clearance/Bottoms/Tripp-Neon-Purple-Chain-Rocker-Skinny-Pants-252878.jsp

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Clearance/Tops/Red-And-Black-Harlequin-Dress-259834.jsp (this may be a bit iffy, honestly. Just a semi-short dress on a model

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Apparel/Tops/Corsets/Tripp-Purple-Ruffle-Halter-Corset-241119.jsp
briofthesilversea
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby wisewoman » Sep 07, 2009 3:44 pm

Va wrote:If you're unsure about whether or not something may be appropriate for the thread, post a link (instead of a picture) with a warning.

You may also PM a Spare Oom mod before posting if you would like to be sure. Posting a warning with your link doesn't make inappropriate images appropriate ;)

I can't believe how expensive those items are in your links, Val! :-o Is that bracelet really worth $168??? I could buy an entire wardrobe for that at the thrift store!
"It is God who gives happiness; for he is the true wealth of men's souls." — Augustine
wisewoman
Moderator Emeritus
The Moddess of Sentence Surgery

Postby Valiant_Lucy » Sep 07, 2009 4:50 pm

I know ww...it's so sad. Still, if I were richer I'd consider it. I love thrift shopping but I also love the idea of having expensive, luxury things. :ymblushing: ;) I guess I shouldn't post about the wallet I'm going to splurge on then? :p

Those are interesting "corsets" Bri! Not really my style, but cool still. :)
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Marilyn Monroe
Valiant_Lucy
Moderator Emeritus
The IMAR&NB mod

Postby briofthesilversea » Sep 07, 2009 5:47 pm

wisewoman wrote:You may also PM a Spare Oom mod before posting if you would like to be sure. Posting a warning with your link doesn't make inappropriate images appropriate ;)

You can delete my post if anything on there is raunchy :-\ I don't think there is, though. :p

Yes, prices are crazy! On Etsy.com they have some OUTRAGEOUSLY priced dresses. Like 500 dollars for a hemp dress that has no beading or anything. It's crazy. Beautiful dresses, but not for that price :p
briofthesilversea
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lady Arwen » Sep 07, 2009 8:11 pm

I don't think ww was critiquing your post, but just clarifying what Val had said.

Just so I have a few links:

A Sari design/color that I have been hunting for for quite a while...unfortunately, it is....SOLD. :-o :(( I would have loved throw a shell on under it, so pretty... http://www.exoticindiaart.com/product/CL97/

Banarasi Saris tend to be the cheaper but still pretty ones, but some of the really nice ones are so expensive * sighs *.

Oo! Another pretty, relatively cheap one... http://www.exoticindiaart.com/product/CM49/ As you can see with that one, she is wearing a shell under it.

Well, that's it for now...I'm sure I have more links somewhere in my files, but it is late, and this little girl is tired. (-| i-)
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby wisewoman » Sep 08, 2009 8:53 am

LadyA wrote:I don't think ww was critiquing your post, but just clarifying what Val had said.

Yes, your links were fine, bri. I just wanted to get that clarification on the first page of the thread so we could refer to it later if needed. It had nothing to do with you :)

I don't know. Even if I were rich, I don't think I could spend that much money on clothes for myself. There are so many people who lack the basic necessities of life. It's personal conviction, of course, but I don't think I could justify such unnecessary luxuries for myself. Too many people are hungry.

Of course, I don't think I will ever have the problem of being rich enough to afford those clothes! ;)
"It is God who gives happiness; for he is the true wealth of men's souls." — Augustine
wisewoman
Moderator Emeritus
The Moddess of Sentence Surgery

Postby briofthesilversea » Sep 08, 2009 9:18 am

wisewoman wrote:
LadyA wrote:I don't think ww was critiquing your post, but just clarifying what Val had said.

Yes, your links were fine, bri. I just wanted to get that clarification on the first page of the thread so we could refer to it later if needed. It had nothing to do with you :)

I don't know. Even if I were rich, I don't think I could spend that much money on clothes for myself. There are so many people who lack the basic necessities of life. It's personal conviction, of course, but I don't think I could justify such unnecessary luxuries for myself. Too many people are hungry.

Of course, I don't think I will ever have the problem of being rich enough to afford those clothes! ;)

And also, I'm sure that once people have enough money, they can think of a LOT of other things to spend it on besides clothes :p

Has anyone ever watched The Rachel Zoe Project, or Project Runway? They have a lot of really good ideas on clothes! As a seamstrees, I like using some of their ideas (from Project Runway). The Rachel Zoe Project does a lot of really cute acssesories. Lol, just throwing that out there if anyone wanted to know the latest fashions :p
briofthesilversea
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Sleepwalking » Sep 08, 2009 2:15 pm

Valiant_Lucy, I love the first green and black dress you posted =D

I haven't really been looking around too much lately, but I did find that I'm in love with Converse. =3 These in particular - http://www.zappos.com/converse-chuck-taylor-all-star-bubbles-print-ox-black-multi?zlfid=111
=)
NW sibs: MissAravis, evenstar101, Heroine of Chivalry
Twin: winterlife
Sleepwalking
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby smartypants » Sep 09, 2009 4:18 pm

Valiant_Lucy, those dresses are amazing!

Here is a dress I like. A bit pricey (I'd never buy it at that price), but cute nevertheless.

I really like this Cardigan too.
smartypants
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby *Aezelle* » Sep 09, 2009 6:58 pm

Oh I like the link. Val the dresses are very sweet!
Smartypants - I adore those links too.

I haven't really thought about clothes lately (mainly because I have so many wedding plans to prepare for).

I posted my wedding dress on the old NW but thought I would do it again

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx ... tyle=A3206

I like the grecian style. And I can't remember how to make a link without showing the url address.

I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me Phil 4:13

Engaged!
*Aezelle*
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby TheGentleWarrior » Sep 09, 2009 7:46 pm

I love this thread! Even though I don't post on it much. :ymblushing: Recently I went on a shopping trip with my mom at Kohls and Pennys. :) I'm going to post the things I got, (granted if they're still online) and the things that I wanted to get. :p

I got this shirt recently at Kohls in Indigo, Malaga, and a colour that is slightly lighter then the Navy Blue, but it's no longer available so I can't show you it. It's an awesome shirt!! :D

I want to get this shirt in the green, purple, and pink/purple colour but I have to order them at Kohls.com because they aren't in stores. (well, at least the ones i've been to anyway. :p )

I got these totally fluffy, cozy, warm, awesome pajama shorts!!! :D

I would totally LOVE to walk around in these slippers! =)) =))

I just got these jeans. I love the rhinestones!! Pink/sparkly= Me.... well, sometimes. :p I'm into purple now too. :)

Ok, this is SO pretty!!!!!! I would totally LOVE to have it in both blue, and purple!! :)

I would love to have this shirt in pink. I think it would look good with a pair of denim leggings and tall boots. :)

I was going to get this tunic top at wetseal along with some black midcalf length leggings and flats but the leggings and flats went on clearance and sold out. :( I still might get the top though and find some other leggings to go with it. :)

Well, that's it on the clothes for now. :) I'll post the rest of them later on so as not to make this post super big. :p
Proud ballet dancer!
4/23/12 - First triple pirouette en pointe!
TheGentleWarrior
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby mar_girl » Sep 10, 2009 11:37 am

Yay, the fashion thread! :D I'm loving all the links, especially the anthro ones and the saris! =p~ The Hot Topic corsets are interesting, although they're not my style (I'm kind of afraid to set foot in the HT at the mall :p ) I love the Kohl's pajama shorts and the slippers! I used to have some like those; my family made fun of me for a while. :p

Aezelle: No way! That's my cousin's wife's wedding (well, reception) dress! She had another one for the wedding. it was full lace, with 3/4 off the shoulder sleeves and a train. *<3s wedding dresses*
Sig by lysander
Queen of Literary Linkage
Aslan: the Chuck Norris of Narnia.
mar_girl
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lady Arwen » Sep 10, 2009 6:21 pm

Well, Aezelle, your very pretty dress got me going through Maggie Sottero's Collections. :)

A Princess-y Dress

An interesting concept... Pretty, but I wouldn't want it for my wedding dress.

A very pretty dress that reminds me of Padme for some reason....

And a wedding dress of shame.... [NOTE: This is on the edge, so viewers be forewarned.]

This reminds me of that wedding dress poem....

Marry in white, you'll have chosen right,
Marry in grey, you'll go far away,
Marry in black, you'll wish yourself back,
Marry in red, you'll wish yourself dead,
Marry in blue, your love will be true,
Marry in pearl, you'll be in a swirl,
Marry in green, ashamed to be seen,
Marry in yellow, ashamed of the fellow,
Marry in brown, you'll live out of town,
Marry in pink, your spirits will sink.

So much for old fables.... * remembers another old fable that marrying in red is good luck *
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby *Aezelle* » Sep 10, 2009 11:20 pm

Cute clothes The Gentle Warrior! I love the pj shorts and the slippers!

Really Mar_girl!? Wow that's pretty awesome. And she had two wedding dresses? Amazing!

Lady Arwen - It was so much fun to go through that wedding website. I can see why that dress reminded you of Padme. Something about it reminded me as well. Maybe one of her many outfits.

The wedding dress poem was very sweet! lol.

Next time I'll post my bridesmaid dress options. I just have to get the pictures off my phone first :D

I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me Phil 4:13

Engaged!
*Aezelle*
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lucy P. » Sep 11, 2009 10:03 am

I went shopping the other day for fall clothes and bought these:

http://shop.pacsun.com/girls/fashion-to ... olorCd=054

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.d ... =676578052

note: the plaid top was the exact same cut but a slightly different color- it was more of a bright yellow/bright blue. And I got the two waffle tees in black&pink stripe.

Now, the plaid top is a boyfriend fit so it's kind of tentlike and it basically falls to over my hips. Should I wear a thin belt with it?
Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Lucy P.
NarniaWeb Guru

Next