This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Avatars/Signatures/Locations/etc!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Avatars/Signatures/Locations/etc!

Postby stargazer » Apr 13, 2011 7:05 pm

I dug up an old avatar in honor of my story for this month's Script Frenzy, an adaptation of one of my NaNo stories, which in turn is a fan fiction of the mid-90s animated series Gargoyles. It's one of the show's iconic shots, showing a stone Goliath atop Castle Wyvern (which is my current location):

My avatar is a picture of the Moon over Wyoming's Grand Tetons mountain range - a place I love to visit and have adopted as one of the settings for my story:

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby MountainFireflower » Apr 15, 2011 9:55 pm

I tend to change my graphics a lot, but for posterity's sake, I'll post in this thread. ;)

My avatar is of a really pretty flower, made by the lovely flambeau. I chose it because it reminds me of springtime, and it matches the colors of the text in my signature. ;)

My current signature text looks something like this:

"The deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised."
-Aragorn, The Return of the King

Team Hoodie!
Founder of the Lurkers Club: PM to join!
NW sib to Lia | av: flambeau | sig: campgirl

My signature was made by the amazing campgirl, and is from an equally amazing movie called Tangled. It's one of my favorites. I put it up tonight after watching Tangled for the first time, because right after the movie, I killed a centipede with a frying pan. ;)) (Now THAT'S a story for another time... if you want to hear it, you can PM me. :p) The quote in the sig, the one by Aragorn, is one I scribbled down after reading it in The Return of the King. It particularly stood out to me for some reason, and what better place to put it than in my sig? :p It makes me realize that even the good things I do in secret are valiant, even though they are unpraised. :)

I got the idea of doing the colors in the sig from Silver the Wanderer. Her signatures always have lovely colors in them. :p

My location has pretty much always been "where dreams and faith collide." I don't really know where I came up with it, but it's very poetic and I still love it to this day. ;))

As for my username, it's based off of the flower juice that was used to make Lucy's cordial. The cordial was made from the juice of the fireflowers that grew in the mountains of the sun. Voila! MountainFireflower. ;)

The end. ;)
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Fire Fairy » May 03, 2011 7:41 pm

I remember this thread! I posted in it forever ago, when I still had Narnia-themed avies and sigs. Since then I decided to start putting my other interests into them, since I figured everyone here gets that I'm a Narnia fan. ;)

My avatar is a quote from Detective Conan, an anime show I am absolutely in love with. The quote is something that one of the characters, Vermouth, says in English all the time. Except her accent makes it sound like "a secret makes a oo-man oo-man" :D . Love it. Thanks to Aravis Autarkeia for the avy.

Signature:

My signature is a quote from Avatar: The Last Airbender. Aang, the main character, asks this really old herb lady, "You're insane, aren't you?" She gives him a big grin and says "That's right!" Thanks to Starsy for the sig.

My location:
"Stuck in a book..."

This is pretty much self-explanatory. Nine times out of ten, if you can't find me, I'm either on my computer or reading a book. I read so much growing up that instead of being grounded or losing TV privileges, my parents would take away my book. :p
Member of the Dragon Lovers Club. PM FrecklefaceJill to join.

Avy & Sig by Ithilwen--thank you!
Fire Fairy
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby MountainFireflower » Sep 03, 2011 10:40 am

I wanted to post in here before I changed my avatar and sig again. ;))

This is my avatar that I've had for about a month, that I really liked - made by the amazing flambeau.

And my sig, made by the lovely Ithilwen. It's a quote from True Justice, a RP in DT.

My signature text hasn't changed too much, but here it is anyway. :)

Wielder of the Frying Pan
Team Hoodie!
The Secret Order of the Swoosh
Founder of the Lurkers Club: PM to join!
NW sib to Lia | av: flambeau | sig: Ithilwen | pan sig: campgirl

My location and other profile info has stayed pretty much the same. :)
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby DamselJillPole » Sep 04, 2011 12:00 am

Right now I am using a avatar and sig of Andy and Woody from Toy Story 3 that I've made myself. I didn't upload the avatar to my photobucket however here's the sig:

One day I was looking through my old movies and found some of my old vhs tapes of the first two films and while I was watching them (and my third copy on dvd) I started thinking how much I miss my childhood, so I imagine how Andy's character must feel by the third film so it inspired my set that day. Even though my childhood is over for me I still feel young at heart so that is my message with the set.

Plus looking forward to Toy Story 4. Wohoo! :D

My location I felt matched with the set. I'm going to live my life still very carefree at times. :)
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Miss Rosario » Sep 04, 2011 2:10 pm

I seem to recall telling the story behind my username quite a bit......but here we go again. Rosario is a marine station on the coast of Washington, where my family spends the summer once every few years. It's my favorite place - hence my sister and I both have it in our usernames.

My current avatar is from Iconator.com. I thought it was nice to begin with, but I chose it mainly because I was looking for something that would match my green font. So.... voila!

For my current signature, I have this:

Icon from Iconator.com
WC:79
The Grammar Nazi
"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." ~Mother Teresa
"Hope is real. Help is real. Your story is important." ~TWLOHA

The icon part is self-explanatory.
WC:79 stands for Welcoming Committee: 79 people. I've welcomed 79 members to the forum.
The Grammar Nazi is there because I'm very picky about using correct grammar/spelling. ;))
"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless" is a quote from Mother Teresa I really like.
And the last quote is from TWLOHA (To Write Love On Her Arms), an organization dedicated to helping people who are depressed, suicidal, self-harming, using substance abuse, and other such things. I'm grateful for the people who run it. Think of how many lives they save per day.
Icon by fireworks123
NW little sister to Windsong
NW twin to Rosie

"I don't run away from a challenge because I am afraid. Instead, I run toward it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your feet." -Nadia Comaneci
Miss Rosario
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Wandering Welcomer

Postby Tarkheena » Sep 04, 2011 8:40 pm

Fire Fairy wrote:Nine times out of ten, if you can't find me, I'm either on my computer or reading a book. I read so much growing up that instead of being grounded or losing TV privileges, my parents would take away my book. :p

Me too! I stayed up past curfew reading The Hobbit once, and my dad took it away. :( That happened years ago, and I still haven't gotten around to reading the ending. *shakes head* So sad ....

Anyway, I change my avatar/signature a lot, but here's the set I'm currently using:
Image Image

I like it because part 2 of Doctor Who's sixth season started up last week, and it's absolutely brilliant so far. As a result, I've gone on a mad-obsessive-graphic-making streak. ;)) Plus - the expressions on their faces, the shot itself, and the coloring all are great. I just had to use it. :)
avvie & sig by me

Team Hoodie!!!
Hoot Owl Of NarniaWeb
Tarkheena
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Sep 05, 2011 8:03 am

my avatar Image is one I made myself :) my first ever!

and my siggy Image is sort of an in-joke from chat. :P The jedi Clone made me her 'minion' and so Narnian_Archer was kind enough to make us matching graphics :) :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby narnian_at_heart » Sep 05, 2011 12:23 pm

My avatar is Susan at a premiere. I'm not sure which one.

My sig is a screencap of Susan at the end of Prince Caspian. I love Susan and will always believe that she eventually came to Narnia in the end so I put her as looking very sad upon leaving Narnia and saying that Narnia is home.

And my location is the state where I live.
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Ithilwen » Sep 05, 2011 5:59 pm

These are the graphics I used last month (I usually use graphics for a month):

Image Image

The avvie is from the movie What a Girl Wants. I used it because she looked both classy and perhaps a bit evil. Which is the look I like to go with, since I consider myself a Lady and a Minion. ~o) :ymdevil:

The signature is a lyric sig. It's one of my favorite lines from the song Lose Control by Evanescence. It has special meaning to me, because of things that have happened in my personal life. Or rather, things I've seen happen to other people, where they try so hard to attain something and then make one mistake and it all falls apart -- All the perfect pretty flowers in a row in a garden, which you think will never fade, suddenly being tossed into the dust to die. That happened to someone I knew, who I loved very dearly; and so I wore that as a sort of special memorial for what happened to her. :(

I think this is my favorite set out of all the sets I've ever used. I was sad to change it, but I felt like doing something new. Maybe some day I'll go back to them.

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby winterlife » Sep 05, 2011 6:35 pm

Guess it's been awhile since I updated this :p

I'm currently (at the time of this post) using an avie of Adam Young made by Lady Faith. :)

My siggie:

Hoot Owl of NarniaWeb!
Relient K club member
avie by Lady Faith, siggie by me
I'm an introvert! Anyone else?
NWtwin:Sleepwalking NWsibs:8

The graphic is rather self explanatory :p As for the text, I'm a member of the Hoot Owls of NarniaWeb (led by Lady Faith!) and the Relient K club (led by Glenstorm the Great!). The next line is also self explanitory, as is the last line. ;))
As for the line on being an introvert, that is a rather long story and if anyone is curious, they're welcome to PM me.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, my location! :p "the Alligator Sky," as in Owl City's song "The Alligator Sky."
Hoot Owl of NarniaWeb!
Relient K club member
avie and siggie by me
NWtwin:Sleepwalking NWsibs:8
winterlife
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby The Grey Pilgrim » Sep 05, 2011 7:22 pm

My (fresh and new!) avatar is from a game series called Final Fantasy. This character is called "Black Mage", and he appears in three or four games of the thirteen game series. This specific picture also fits my username, although he usually appears clothed in a blue robe with a brown hat.
The Grey Pilgrim
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby SnowAngel » Sep 06, 2011 3:36 pm

My current avatar is of Margaret Hale from North & South (2005) and was made by ForeverFan.

My signature is of my one of favorite St. Louis Cardinals players, Matt Holliday, and was made by Princess Anna. B-)

And the rest of my sig...

Av by ForeverFan & Sig by Princess Anna; RL sister Scarlet_Trefoil
Member #3 of the Come What May Club
God bless the troops!

My location is United States, because that's were I live and I'm proud to be an American. :D ;)

SnowAngel
We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble
and write our blessings in sand. — C.H. Spurgeon
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby Gildor_Inglorion » Sep 06, 2011 6:42 pm

Hmmmm..... My avvie is Jon Foreman from Switchfoot (my favorite band!!).
My name is a very minor character from The Fellowship of the Ring. (Book)
Gildor_Inglorion
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby campgirl » Sep 13, 2011 1:48 pm

*bumps into the thread, and decides to post*

campgirl: because my dad is the administrator at a Christian youth camp and I'm a girl :P One of my friends actually called me that a few weeks ago and it made me smile so much!! And he doesn't even know about it being my username or anything! :D

My avatar is one I made a few months ago of AnnaSophia Robb. I ran across some pictures of her and thought she was really pretty so I made a few avies and liked the way this one turned out. The colors are calm and I think they look good with NW's tannish/brown background. :)

May my steps be worship,
May my thoughts be praise,
May my words bring honor to Your name.

Photobucket | Polyvore | Team Hoodie!♥

I've had quotes from several devotional songs in my signature lately, this one is from Father God, one of my favorites!
Aaand then it's got links to my photobucket and polyvore accounts. Oh, and of course, Team Hoodie!!! :D

A lot of people refer to me as a hobbit (most probably because I'm short and walk around barefoot a lot) and my room is "the hobbit hole" ;))

So thats me!
--cg
Team Hoodie! | Keeper of the Secret Magic | ♥
campgirl
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby outlier » Sep 14, 2011 10:56 pm

I suppose since I'm changing my avatar and sig, I'll post my old ones.

My avatar is by Kira from LWW and I had it because that scene reminded me of something my sister and I would be doing and it made me smile when I saw it

The siggy is from Scott Pilgrim vs. the World and I liked that part cuz I was just having a conversation about bread (I like bread :p ) before we watched it, and it's also funny
Signature by Tarkheena, Avatar by Ithilwen
Sneaky Ninja of the Lurkers Club
outlier
NarniaWeb Junkie

PreviousNext