Camping- it's in tents!

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Camping- it's in tents!

Postby Puddleglum » Mar 17, 2018 2:13 pm

Just going through some items I purchased at antique malls on the way home from the last road trip. With some of the items i found for historical re enacting I realized that camping season is nigh upon us. I know that for myself it means canvas tents, and wood fires, with plenty of furs being worn, etc. But I was wondering who all else was planning out there outdoor adventures already?
Puddleglum
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Puddleglum » May 03, 2018 8:06 pm

Getting the plans for the first camp soon. Granted, it will only be a "one nighter" with some youngsters, and their fathers from Church. But getting out, and seeing stars, and nothing but the noises of the wild ( after the little ones have dozed off ) to keep you company is all one needs.
Hopefully the weather holds, and I need not test the cold weather capabilities of canvas as my wood stove is not yet ready.
Puddleglum
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby stargazer » May 24, 2018 11:43 am

How did that camp go, Puddleglum? (What a difference a few weeks make, between cold weather and the heat of summer).

I often camp on Memorial and Labor Day weekends with a group of friends, but for various reasons it didn't work out this year. I have to admit I'm not too bothered by that, given the heat that will bake Minnesota this upcoming weekend. Sitting by a fire in 95F/36C weather is no fun (not to mention trying to sleep in a tent when the heat remains all night).
"The eclipse will melt your spine!'

- Overheard in a telephone pictionary game, August 2017
stargazer

Previous