This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Television Discussion Thread

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

The Television Discussion Thread

Postby stargazer » Aug 28, 2009 9:05 pm

Here's the place to discuss television shows - whether it's a really "old" classic show like I Love Lucy or Alfred Hitchcock Presents, or last night's brand new episode of LOST or your favorite reality show.

It's all fair game here, with a friendly reminder to adhere to the forum rules when posting comments about shows or links to previews or clips.

Also remember to use the spoiler feature when commenting on developments on new episodes; not everyone has a chance to see them at the same time and this prevents spoiling a big plot point for other fans.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Re: The Television Discussion Thread

Postby mm1991 » Sep 04, 2009 2:36 am

I'm really excited 'Heroes' Season 3 is out on DVD! I always miss that show when it's on TV!
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

mm1991
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby greenleaf23 » Sep 04, 2009 8:55 am

I'm really enjoying the last season of "Monk" :D Episodes haven't been amazing yet, but they get better every week. At this rate, the finale will be incredible! I also really like the "Psych" episodes that are on afterwards :p
Avi by Visionsbeyond/Awesome sig by Flambeau! NW Sis:Jay
LiveJournal (not really too terribly empty anymore :P)
Team Hoodie!!
greenleaf23
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sep 04, 2009 10:48 pm

I've been re-watching LOST season 3. The first 3rd is not up to LOST's usual standards but it's still not terrible. I actually enjoyed it because I saw it as behavioural conditioning of the Losties. Follows the theme of Fate or Free Will quite well I think. And Stranger in a Strange Land isn't such a bad episode, but the flashback is downright horrendous! I do like how we learn Jack's tattoo says: 'he walks amongst us, but he's not one of us'. I know he's a bit of an outsider but could it refer to Jack possibly not being an ordinary human? Could he possibly be Nemesis or Richard? Obviously he's cursed to some degree as soon as he receives the tattoo. 'Jack, there will be consequences'. What say you?
Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11
Warrior 4 Jesus
NarniaWeb Master

Postby IloveFauns » Sep 05, 2009 2:00 am

I can't wait for the new futurama episodes next year.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Queen Susan » Sep 05, 2009 12:54 pm

Well, I don't watch many (Did I say "many"? I mean "any") ;)) new TV shows. But I've seen some old ones that are pretty good, and that I really enjoy. These would probably include: Get Smart and The Beverly Hillbillies, to name 2 of them.

Also, I don't know how recent this was... but the Horatio Hornblower series that was done was fairly good I thought. Not perfect, but still good. :-)
Queen Susan
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Whistling Welcomer

Postby starkat » Sep 06, 2009 1:20 pm

Apparently the BBC Robin Hood series season 3 is getting ready to kick off on BBC America. Finally! Does anyone know if the third season was any good? I've seen the first two on DVD.
starkat

Postby Silvertongue » Sep 07, 2009 7:52 am

I hated the 3rd season of RH! Ugh. :P It is very different from the first two seasons...to me, it just felt like the writer's just slapped together some weak plots, and when they didn't know what to do, just wrote the first thing that popped into their head! O_o

I have been REALLY enjoying the new season of Psych! :D Though, I have to admit, the latest episode was rather weird. O_o And the latest episode of Monk was hilarious! :D I cannot wait for the last episode...I don't know how much of a "spoiler" this is, but...
Sharona is coming back!!! YAY! I always liked her better than Natalie! :D

Does anyone else like "Bones"?

I loved the "Horatio Hornblower" series, Queen Susan. :D Though I wasn't a huge fan of Horatio himself...Archie was my favorite!
I hated that they killed him off! :( At least they didn't kill off Bush!! :D
Image Image Image
Silvertongue
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby greenleaf23 » Sep 07, 2009 8:03 am

I have been REALLY enjoying the new season of Psych! :D Though, I have to admit, the latest episode was rather weird.

I totally agree with you there, I've been loving it! The "Old Sonora" one has been my favorite so far :D And I also agree the last one was pretty weird :-s Shawn is such a great character, I hope they keep the show on for a long, long time.

And I loved the last episode of Monk :D The episodes just keep getting better and better, although the space one has to be my favorite :p And about the spoiler...I kinda like them both the same, but maybe Natalie a bit more, even though she gets annoying at times. I really want to see Sharona come back though, that'd be cool.

And he has to find out who killed Trudy! If they left that as a cliffhanger, I don't know what I'd do.
Team Hoodie!!
greenleaf23
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Silvertongue » Sep 07, 2009 8:09 am

I know!! I really hope they have him solve Trudy's murder! It'd be ABOUT time! :D I think my favorite Psych episode so far has been the "High Noon-ish" one. :D
Image Image Image
Silvertongue
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby ALittleMoreSonic » Sep 07, 2009 8:42 am

Silvertongue wrote:Does anyone else like "Bones"?

I do! B-)

But I'm still getting adjusted to college and I'm so out of the TV-scheduling world; I have no idea when any shows are on. I wanted to watch Glee but I think I've missed a couple of episodes (don't know when it's on), and I want to follow SYTYCD and Bones this year but once again... I guess I need to get a TV guide or something!
ALittleMoreSonic
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby greenleaf23 » Sep 07, 2009 10:46 am

I know!! I really hope they have him solve Trudy's murder! It'd be ABOUT time! :D I think my favorite Psych episode so far has been the "High Noon-ish" one. :D

I know, I guess there are some good things about this being the last season:P. Lol, I liked that Psych too. Actually, they're all pretty good :D Do you watch NCIS at all? I've only recently started to watch it, but it's a really good show. I'm watching it now actually:P
Team Hoodie!!
greenleaf23
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Aurora » Sep 08, 2009 6:19 am

starkat wrote:Apparently the BBC Robin Hood series season 3 is getting ready to kick off on BBC America. Finally! Does anyone know if the third season was any good? I've seen the first two on DVD.

I think it's safe to say that it could have been better. But it was still good. :D

One thing - be ready for a few surprises! ;)
Aurora
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby stargazer » Sep 08, 2009 2:30 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:I've been re-watching LOST season 3. The first 3rd is not up to LOST's usual standards but it's still not terrible....

I remember being a little disappointed with the first part of season 3; the whole Jack/Kate/Sawyer thing got a bit annoying. ;)

But a little later this fall I may rewatch it to see if it improves at all, now that I have the perspective of having viewed seasons 4 and 5. (On the other hand, season 5 is in many respects my favorite, so I may give in to the temptation to rewatch that one instead, before season 6 starts).
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby narnian1 » Sep 08, 2009 4:00 pm

As for TV,
I'm not much of a fan, or rather I hardly ever sit to any new tv shows,
except American Idol- to my own surprise. Actually last season was the first I saw, and i started midway.

I do love shows that have finished, such has:
Friends, Frasier, Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond, and The Cosby Show- all those I own on DVD.

I used to have Will & Grace,
but the later seasons I didn't care much for so I got rid of them all.

I have been watching The Dick Van Dyke Show instantly on netflix and I am enjoying it much more now than I ever did before, it's hilarious.

Other classic favorites are: Bewitched, I Love Lucy, Leave it to Beaver and Gilligan's Island.
narnian1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Narnia93 » Sep 09, 2009 3:52 am

One of my favorite old time shows has to Hogan's Heroes. I love how Schultz is always saying "I know nothing!" Klink is also a classic character and it is funny how oblivious he is to the doings of Hogans Heroes.
I also enjoy I love Lucy. Have you seen the one where Lucy gets a english tutor. Hilarious :D
Basically, I like any of the old shows along with Numbers and Burn Notice.
Narnia93 - "It is hard for you, little one," said Aslan. "But things never happen the same way twice."
Narnia93
NarniaWeb Regular

Next