The Television Discussion Thread

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: johobbit, stargazer

Re: The Television Discussion Thread

Postby HazyHays » Nov 14, 2016 7:56 pm

I am currently watching Dancing With The Stars. It is the Semi Finals show tonight and next week will be the finale.
"Daughter of Eve from the far land of Spare Oom, around the bright city War Drobe, how would it be if you came and had tea with me?"~ Mr. Tumnus
HazyHays
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby fantasia_kitty » Dec 26, 2016 2:39 pm

I've never watched DwtS, but I bet I would like it if I did start watching it. The closest I've come is watching Lindsey Stirling's 'The Arena' video with Derek Hough. ;))

Now, here's a shocker, I've started watching a TV show as it's been airing: The Grand Tour! Starring the former stars of Britain's Top Gear. It's been... different. ;)) I do like parts of it, but I certainly liked Top Gear better. Obviously they always have contrived bits on the old show, but this is above and beyond enjoyable for me personally. I do like watching them drive the cars around though. ;))
fantasia_kitty
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby SnowAngel » Dec 31, 2016 5:28 pm

My siblings, mom, and I watched When Calls The Heart Christmas on the 26th, so much fun. I don't really like the settlers, but it would be weird if the town didn't grow after 3 seasons. I loved the scene with Rosemary and Jack about her Christmas present from Lee. :D And the Mountie Ball. ;;)

Can't wait for the fourth season to start on February 19th! B-)

SnowAngel
SnowAngel
NarniaWeb Guru
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby SnowAngel » Jan 21, 2017 6:51 pm

Less than a month before When Calls The Heart returns! I am certainly looking forward to see what Hallmark has in store for the Hearties this season. It looks like there will be quite a few new faces in Hope Valley including someone that's with the railroad. :|

My brother recently purchased the first two seasons for The Wild Wild West (1965-1969) and the whole family has been enjoying watch the first season. My parents had both seen the show years ago, but this is my siblings and mine first experience with it. Surprise, we love it! ;) Seriously I grow up watching Roy Rogers and John Wayne movies on VHS, I love westerns.

SnowAngel
SnowAngel
NarniaWeb Guru
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby ValiantArcher » Jan 21, 2017 7:55 pm

Is the new railroad face someone you don't like, SA, or just someone who could generate a lot of drama? ;))
I've seen some episodes of The Wild Wild West and it's a fun show. :D I liked the sci-fi/steampunk elements mixed in with the western setting/stories.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this most recent season of Sherlock? I haven't seen the last episode yet, but I haven't been thrilled so far with the season. They killed Mary off and then had John's fascination with the lady who now is Sherlock's sister? I guess I'll try to watch the last episode and see if it gets better or worse. ;))

Avy by ForeverFan
Sig by Alyosha
ValiantArcher
BC Head and G&B Mod

Postby Bookwyrm » Jan 21, 2017 11:38 pm

I liked The Lying Detective, but The Six Thatchers and The Final Problem were ... not good. Honestly, I hope this is the series finale or, if they do come back, that they come back with better writing because it feels like Moffat and Gatiss have basically decided that a constant stream of shiny things is more important than coherent writing.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby shastastwin » Jan 22, 2017 8:22 pm

I second that, Bookwyrm. This season felt very un-Sherlock the whole way through, with some nice emotional moments here and there.

We aren't much for keeping up with TV (and even less so now that Samwise is around) but we started the latest (and last :(( ) season of Bones tonight and I'm very pleased with the direction they're taking. Even if the solution to this episode's mystery was obvious very early on.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby SnowAngel » Jan 28, 2017 6:10 pm

ValiantArcher wrote:Is the new railroad face someone you don't like, SA, or just someone who could generate a lot of drama? ;))
Well, the actor has been several Hallmark movies mostly as a good guy which means he is due to play a bad guy. /:) It looks like there will be at least 8 new characters and since there are already quite a few characters in the show I am worried there will be too many main/secondary characters.

The whole family has been watching The Wild Wild West, so it is not really surprising that my little brother's new cowboy Playmobils are named Jim and Artemus. :D

SnowAngel
SnowAngel
NarniaWeb Guru
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby SnowAngel » Feb 22, 2017 10:25 pm

When Calls The Heart returned to Hallmark this week!!! Episode one of season 4 was really good. I enjoyed the banter between Lee and Rosemary (Squidget???), Jack and Elizabeth had several good scenes together, and of course I loved the baseball scenes. :D I don't like the railroad guys, they seem really shifty to me.

Last summer Hallmark had a new show, Chesapeake Shores, that my sisters, Mom, and I watched. I would recommend it for teens and up since there is a lot of family conflict and two divorced couples. Chesapeake Shores was renewed for a second season that will air late summer 2017. Season one ended on a huge cliffhanger, so I am looking forward to see what happens next. :)

SnowAngel
SnowAngel
NarniaWeb Guru
Maiden of Monday Madness

Previous