This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Future Movies Take 1

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Future Movies Take 1

Postby johobbit » Aug 25, 2009 11:28 am

Here it is: the thread in which to discuss upcoming films, both those you are anticipating, and those you are not ... and why!

Please take note of the following Guidelines:

*Be aware that this thread will contain spoilers. And remember to use the
Spoiler feature
so as to to hide any major plot points!
*Please make sure that all content, links, and images you post here are in line with NarniaWeb's family-friendly culture. If in doubt, don't post it.
*If you post a trailer for an upcoming movie, please be sure to include the rating for the film advertised.
*If a movie title contains a vulgar word (one that would go against our standards here on NarniaWeb), we ask that you use asterisks in its place.

Have to it!
johobbit

Re: Future Movies Take 1

Postby narnialover101 » Sep 03, 2009 6:23 pm

To kick this thread off I thought I'd post a list of recently discussed "Future Movies" from the previous forum:

Alice in Wonderland
New Moon
The Lovely Bones
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Where the Wild Things Are
The Last Airbender
Toy Story 3

Let's get to discussing!

I'll always be a,
NL101 :)
Rest in Peace Old Narniaweb
(2003-2009)
narnialover101
Moderator Emeritus
Narniaweb's Resident Peter Pan Gone Gangsta'

Postby briofthesilversea » Sep 05, 2009 9:56 am

Of course I'm excited about Alice in Wonderland, and New Moon especially, but yesterday I saw a preview for The Last Airbender...It looked awesome! I haven't ever really heard anything much about it, so I don't even know what it was about, but the commercial definately made it look worthwhile, and one I should go see.
briofthesilversea
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby narnian1 » Sep 05, 2009 2:51 pm

oh boy a thread I will like.
Film to be released his year. I am excited for:

9 (not to be confused with Nine)
New Moon
Oscar contenders, I won't list the movies individually as that will be too long, but I usually catch as many as I can to be able to know who I want to win.

I will mention two more movies of this year, one might be Oscar contender:

Where the Wild Things Are:
I grew up with this short story and love it. I was excited to see that they'd be making it into the movie. While I love CGI when used properly, I am happy that they didn't use that for this movie for the Wild Things, but rather used puppets (except fir the faces which are CGI). this is my most anticipated movie this year.

Me and Orson Welles,
starring Zac Efron and Claire Danes. I have been waiting for this one for too long but it keeps getting delayed. Finally a trailer was released which said it will be due out this fall. If nothing comes against it I hope to see it this year.

For next year:
The Chronicles of Narnia and the Voyage of the Dawn Treader of course
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Alice in Wonderland
Eclipse
Toy Story 3
Beauty and the Beast 3D
Shutter Island, which was delayed :-s
Prince of Persia
Iron Man 2
and if I continue I don't think I will finish under 30 movies so I will leave it here for now.
narnian1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby NaiadWaker » Sep 06, 2009 5:11 pm

Movies I am Looking forward to:
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Well, of course)
The Lovely Bones (can't wait. Saoirse Ronan is one of my favorite actresses.)
9 (looks very well animated.)
Alice in Wonderland (looks very well made)

EDIT: Just found out 9 is PG13. Wow, I'm wondering how much violence is in this. Although I'm not surprised.
NaiadWaker
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sep 06, 2009 7:01 pm

For a movie to be PG-13 it doesn't have to be particularly violent, there are many factors when it comes to rating a movie. 9 is PG-13 for violence and dark themes. It was never going to be for children anyway, but teenagers and those who are older.

I'm looking forward to:

Up (it's Pixar, enough said)
9 (love the art direction and creativity of it all)
Where the Wild Things Are (oh yeah! - nostalgia)
2012 (dumb entertainment but mass destruction)
Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11
Warrior 4 Jesus
NarniaWeb Master

Postby briofthesilversea » Sep 07, 2009 9:33 am

And has anyone noticed that a lot of movies lately have been named with numbers? Hehe, Just noticed it.

So I hear that Spiderman 4 is coming out, but does anyone know of a date? Or what about Pirates of the Caribbean4? Personally, I think fourth installment are taking it too far, but they could turn out to be good...hopefully with Pirates it will be better then the last two.
briofthesilversea
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby narnian1 » Sep 07, 2009 10:56 am

briofthesilversea wrote:So I hear that Spiderman 4 is coming out, but does anyone know of a date? Or what about Pirates of the Caribbean4? Personally, I think fourth installment are taking it too far

I agree there shouldn't fourth parts of movies generally, unless of course there are books as sources, such as Narnia- Potter and LOTR which is getting The Hobbit soon (not strictly LOTR but still Tolkien).

Spider Man 4, all I know is they want a year release of 2011.
Production expected to begin May of 2010
(this is according to IMDb)

POTC 4, originally Disney wanted a 2012 release year.
However on July 23 articles surfaced that it would begin shooting next year for a 2011 release. How true that is is uncertain.

We will have to wait until further news on both since studios are keeping mostly quiet on these projects.
narnian1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lucy P. » Sep 07, 2009 4:17 pm

I'm looking forward to these:

2009-
Where the Wild Things Are
The Box

2010-
VDT
Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief

2011-
Bourne #4
HPDH Pt. 2
The Hobbit Pt 1

I'm sure my list will grow for 2010 and 2011, though.
Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Lucy P.
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Bother Eustace » Sep 07, 2009 4:40 pm

Heh heh, my brother is obsessed with Spider-man (almost as much as I am of Narnia), so I know I'll end up seeing the fourth one. :) I liked the first two and the third was fine, but I'm not sure if I'm eager to see a fourth... I'll have to see what it's about (other than watching Peter swing around New York, of course.) Does anyone know the plot, if that's even announced yet?
"Of course we've got to find him (if we can). That's the nuisance of it. It means a search party and endless trouble. Bother Eustace." ~ Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Sig: lover of narnia
Bother Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Shadowlander » Sep 08, 2009 7:01 pm

9 looks very unique in the filmscape right now, and the premise looks really quite good. All I know about the plot is from the commercials and trailers I've seen in the theater, and the subject matter (post apocalyse) is dark and while that's not always my thing if it's done well then I'll like it. Here's to hoping the wife will go see it with me. :)
Kennel Keeper of Fenris Ulf

Shadowlander
Moderator Emeritus
This Space For Rent

Postby narnian1 » Sep 08, 2009 8:37 pm

Shadowlander wrote:9 looks very unique in the filmscape right now, and the premise looks really quite good. All I know about the plot is from the commercials and trailers I've seen in the theater, and the subject matter (post apocalyse) is dark and while that's not always my thing if it's done well then I'll like it. Here's to hoping the wife will go see it with me. :)

9 also comes in part from the 2005 Oscar nominated short of the same name,
the short I thought was excellent, it had no dialogue which suited it well. Same characters too. The movie of course expands greatly on that, and its not even certain that the short will be incorporated into the movie itself. (the movie will have dialogue of course, as seen in the trailer).

I'm hoping to catch 9 over the weekend, which is the earliest I will get to it.
narnian1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Gandalfs Beard » Sep 08, 2009 10:32 pm

I agree Shadow, 9 looks like the most unique film to be hitting theatres soon. I am looking forward to that one. The Art Direction looks really stunning.

The Last Airbender has also stoked my Anticipation. It has some of my favourite elements: Kung Fu and Big Budget SFX 8-| .

GB (%)
"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence" -- Carl Sagan
Gandalfs Beard
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby NaiadWaker » Sep 09, 2009 4:00 pm

I'm gonna try to see 9, as it came out today (but I can't and won't see it today. This weekend, I think, is when I can.) When I asked my classmates what they thought of it from the trailers, they didnt find it that unique. In fact, they used the horrible, horrible term, "dumb!" I did have a little mini- debate, but then the bell rang.
Oh, well, I'll see it anyways.
Alice in Wonderland- The trailer is leading me to think this is going to be a tad different than the book(s). I mean, the Mad Hatter is the main character, so it seems as of now. At least the Chesire cat is exactly how I imagined him. I'm still gonna watch it though.
NaiadWaker
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby stargate_fan » Sep 09, 2009 10:45 pm

What's the deal with all the 3D movies--Disney seems to be bringing out all their new AND old ones in 3D. I just don't get it. Some of them should be left alone.

I can't wait for Alice in Wonderland--Tim Burton and Johnny Depp; it's gonna be weird!
stargate_fan
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby narnian1 » Sep 10, 2009 5:00 am

NaiadWaker wrote:Alice in Wonderland- The trailer is leading me to think this is going to be a tad different than the book(s). I mean, the Mad Hatter is the main character, so it seems as of now. At least the Chesire cat is exactly how I imagined him. I'm still gonna watch it though.

While the movie will be different than the books, not sure how much different though because I keep hearing different things. Alice is still the main character, no doubt about that. Why then is Mad Hatter shown more prominently in the trailer? The actress playing Alice, (Mia W.), is virtually unknown- I've only seen her in Defiance myself, and it wasn't a huge role. While she is unkown still, Madd Hatter is played by Johnny Depp who is known by everyone and is Burton's favorite man- therefore for publicity they went with him for the trailer. Many don't agree with it but marketing usually does that, they go for the most popular.
narnian1
NarniaWeb Guru

Next