This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Personality Types *Vote in Poll*

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

What letters make up your type?

Extraverted
7%
Introverted
18%
Sensing
10%
Intuition
14%
Thinking
13%
Feeling
15%
Judging
16%
Perceiving
7%

Total votes : 346

Re: Personality Types *Vote in Poll*

Postby Aslanisthebest » Apr 21, 2010 11:32 am

*is surprised at the people who are INFJ's, too, because she never thought herself alike to them...* :P Well, there're only 5? or so right now so that's still some special.

And for me to decide if I'm mostly INFP or INFJ:

From the Perceiving and Judging Characteristics, the ones that apply to me:
* Controlled
* Good at finishing
* Organized
* Scheduled
* Quick at tasks
* Responsible
* Likes closure
* Makes plans
* Adaptable
* Relaxed
* Care-free
* Spontaneous
* Changes tracks midway
* Procrastinates

I know it seems that more of the "J" characteristics have a "yes", but the "yes" ones for the "P" characteristics have a greater value than the ones on the J, which leads me to believe that the characteristics in me equal each other. I don't know. >_< The part of perfectionistic characteristics, being good at socializing when feeling like doing so, and that they like to express themselves through writing is what makes me not say that I'm not an INFP. [/ramble]
It is a comfort to know you have a similar trouble, wolfloversk. ;))
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Myrddin » Apr 22, 2010 3:17 am

INTP

INTP types are quiet, thoughtful, analytical individuals who tend to spend long periods of time on their own, working through problems and forming solutions. They are curious about systems and how things work.

Yeah.... Pretty much. Doesn't completely cover it, but that's me. :)

...notable [INTPs] might include Albert Einstein, Charles Darwin, and Thomas Jefferson

Good company. :)
Veritas ~ Sophia ~ Aheb

"I am here, and this is now."
- Terry Pratchett
Myrddin
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby IloveFauns » Apr 22, 2010 3:48 am

I do that 2, soemtimes peopel look at me strange. Because i am day dreamign so mcuh i forget i am at school.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby greenleaf23 » Apr 22, 2010 5:00 pm

I was an INTP (although I took the test a few times and got different answers...I wish they had a "sometimes" button :P) Here are the numbers...

Introvert- 44 (I think this may be because I answered yes to the "comfortable in crowds" question)
Intuition- 25
Thinking- 1 ;))
Perceiving- 11

I didn't score really high in any one catagory...I guess I'm just kinda weird ;)) That's a really cool list Val! Only 1%...I feel kinda special now :P

Here are a few of the things I thought were me-ish...

Wikipedia wrote:- Ti seeks precision, such as the exact word to express an idea.

I always do this, it drives me crazy when I can't find the perfect word :P

Wikipedia wrote:-Ne finds and interprets hidden meanings, using “what if” questions to explore alternatives, allowing multiple possibilities to coexist.

-INTPs frequently puzzle over a problem for hours on end, until the answer suddenly crystallizes in a flash of insight.

As their inferior function, Feeling can be a weak point; when threatened they will hide behind a wall of stoic logic. This can lead them to bottle up their emotions to preserve reason and harmony; but a failure to deal with these concealed emotions can lead to childish outbursts.

^ The last two drive me crazy as well^ (Actually some of these kind of connect...I usually have a hard time expressing my feelings and bottle them up because I can't find the right way to describe them (first Wikipedia quote))

Wikipedia wrote:Te organizes and schedules ideas and the environment to ensure the efficient, productive pursuit of objectives.

This, however, is not me at all :P

Although I think I might be a lot like you Bella :) because I (think at least) a have a lot of the INFP traits, and a few INTJ (although since I only got 1 in thinking and 11 in perceiving I guess they're not really far-fetched)
Avi by Visionsbeyond/Awesome sig by Flambeau! NW Sis:Jay
LiveJournal (not really too terribly empty anymore :P)
Team Hoodie!!
greenleaf23
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Aslans Country » Apr 23, 2010 4:19 am

I'm an ISFJ.
Introvert - 56
Sensing - 12
Feeling - 38
Judging - 44

I guess I agree with the description - especially the introvert part. Not so sure about 'sensing', but then again, it's low. Some of the questions were hard to answer one way or the other, like others said.

"Traditional careers for an ISFJ include: teaching, social work, most religious work, nursing, medicine (general practice only), clerical and and secretarial work of any kind, and some kinds of administrative careers."

Haha. That's not really the kind of thing I had in mind. :p
Avie by flambeau.

"I'm there through your heartache, I'm there in the storm.. I don’t care where you've fallen, where you have been, I'll never forsake you, my love never ends, it never ends."
-Times, Tenth Avenue North
Aslans Country
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Phosphorus » Apr 23, 2010 8:18 am

I often turn up with INTJ, but there have been many variations. I am certainly introverted, usually intuitive. "Thinking" is true for me, but I'm of the opinion that it does not shove aside "feeling." I'm at least as much of an arts person as a math/facts person, for instance; but I certainly do usually rely on objectivity over "personal considerations." Occasionally I come up with "perceiving."

This time I took it I got back INTJ with every number at least 50 (Introverted and Thinking being the highest at 100 and 75 respectively).
Phosphorus
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Queen Susan » Apr 23, 2010 2:37 pm

INFJ supposedly. :p

The only famous person that I was interested in that's that type as well is John Calvin... ;))
(Edit: A few more...)
Robert Burns
Fanny Crosby

NL: Lame? Maybe some of them on the list. But I think Robert E. Lee being on there is pretty awesome. :D
Queen Susan
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Whistling Welcomer

Postby Mehinen » Apr 24, 2010 4:09 am

INTJ

Introvert 67 %
Intuitive 38 %
Thinking 62 %
Judging 44 %

This is the second time I did that test, and even if the "Strength of the preferences %" is a bit different, the result is the same :D .

Famous people with the same particular type (from Jung Career Indicator): Stephen Hawking, Andrew Grove, Marie Curie, Guy Kawasaki, Igor Sikorsky, Hillary Clinton
some of the famous fictional people (from Functional Analysis by Joe Butt): Cassius (Julius Caesar); Mr. Darcy (Pride and Prejudice); Gandalf the Grey (J. R. R. Tolkien's Middle Earth books); Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs); Professor Moriarty, Sherlock Holmes' nemesis; Rosencrantz and Guildenstern (Hamlet)

The description: "not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead" That's me ;)) .

That was a bit odd. I certainly didn't think of myself as a personality type alike to Gandalf and Moriarty. :D

Edit: Valiant_Lucy and PrincessMia241, unless I missed something, just the three of us have INTJ :D .
My art blog (both in Finnish and in English) http://mehinen.wordpress.com/
Mehinen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby narniagirl4JC » Apr 27, 2010 5:48 pm

I am an ENFP. :) Although, honestly, I would consider myself an Introvert, I consistently get Extraverted. I'm definitely one of the rarer types here around NW.

NWO principle banjo
PM me to join the purples club!
Please, do call me Katy.
John 3:30
narniagirl4JC
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lady Galadriel » Apr 27, 2010 7:32 pm

This seems like a pretty accurate test, but I'm not sure if it is completely accurate. :-? (That is, it's a thorough test, but it's so DETAILED I'm not sure! ;)) ) Here's my result.

Your Type is
ISTJ
Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging

# moderately expressed introvert
# moderately expressed sensing personality
# slightly expressed thinking personality
# moderately expressed judging personality
Lady Galadriel
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Glenstorm the Great » May 06, 2010 1:01 pm

I was talking to one of my friends and his family and they were all saying that you can't take an online test to determine what kind of personality you have. It's something you have to have done in person. It's determined by how you talk, how much energy you expend, what you do with your hands, how you stand, etc. They actually said I'm an extrovert, not an introvert. And, after thinking about it, I can see that they're probably right.
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Valiant_Lucy » May 06, 2010 1:53 pm

GtG, I can see that having a professional "test" you in person would probably be helpful, but saying that online tests *never* work is not true. What about the majority of this thread who were able to find their "type" that they identify with and seems to describe them exactly?

I was doing some thinking about the types of Lost characters. The ones I could come up with are:
Sawyer--ISTP
Ben--INTJ
Locke--INFJ
Jack--ESTJ

Any thoughts about the other characters, or characters from other shows/movies/books? :)
I kinda think Aragorn is an ISTP, and Snape, and probably Voldemart as INTJ's. Hermione probably is an ISTJ, and Luna I'm going to say is an INTP. I think Harry might be a INFP.
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Marilyn Monroe
Valiant_Lucy
Moderator Emeritus
The IMAR&NB mod

Postby Glenstorm the Great » May 06, 2010 2:01 pm

Val wrote:What about the majority of this thread who were able to find their "type" that they identify with and seems to describe them exactly?

my friends said that sometimes, that's who you think you are. Sometimes you can convince yourself you are that personality but really aren't. And they didn't say they could never work, but they said that the magority of the time, the tests aren't accurate enough.
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Valiant_Lucy » May 06, 2010 2:33 pm

GtG wrote:that's who you think you are
That's exactly right--our preference has a part in what the result of the test is.

GtG wrote:Sometimes you can convince yourself you are that personality but really aren't.
I think sometimes we aren't aware enough of what we are really like. When I was younger I'd taken the Myers Briggs test and my results were different. It's only in the last year or so that I've really gotten to know myself better, and therefore have gotten the more accurate results. For example I used to think I was a details person, but then I realized I'm actually goal-oriented.

GtG wrote:the magority of the time, the tests aren't accurate enough.
If you're talking about just any old random "personality test" I'd have to agree with you. However the Myers Briggs test is more then just "What color is your personality" sort of quiz. According to wiki, it's a "psychometric questionnaire designed to measure psychological preferences in how people perceive the world and make decisions." It goes on to say that "These preferences were extrapolated from the typological theories originated by Carl Gustav Jung, as published in his 1921 book" and that "The initial questionnaire grew into the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, which was first published in 1962."
They didn't have internet back in the 60's. ;) This has been around for quite some time, and was developed by extremely intelligent professionals.
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Marilyn Monroe
Valiant_Lucy
Moderator Emeritus
The IMAR&NB mod

Postby Glenstorm the Great » May 06, 2010 3:52 pm

^ok well a test can never get the same results that a professional himself can tell you. I know someone who can tell what type you are just by talking to you for five minuts. And he's only been wrong once. I'm just saying that face to face is better than what can be a biased test.
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby narnianerd » May 07, 2010 11:27 am

mmmm.... I seem to be a minority here, I am ENFP a Champion, Extraverted 100%, Intuitive 12%, Feeling 12%, Perceiving 33%.

"Like the other Idealists, Champions are rather rare, say two or three percent of the population, but even more than the others they consider intense emotional experiences as being vital to a full life. Champions have a wide range and variety of emotions, and a great passion for novelty. They see life as an exciting drama, pregnant with possibilities for both good and evil, and they want to experience all the meaningful events and fascinating people in the world. The most outgoing of the Idealists, Champions often can't wait to tell others of their extraordinary experiences.

Champions can be tireless in talking with others, like fountains that bubble and splash, spilling over their own words to get it all out. And usually this is not simple storytelling; Champions often speak (or write) in the hope of revealing some truth about human experience, or of motivating others with their powerful convictions. Their strong drive to speak out on issues and events, along with their boundless enthusiasm and natural talent with language, makes them the most vivacious and inspiring of all the types."

Yeah, thats me alright

"Fiercely individualistic, Champions strive toward a kind of personal authenticity, and this intention always to be themselves is usually quite attractive to others. At the same time, Champions have outstanding intuitive powers and can tell what is going on inside of others, reading hidden emotions and giving special significance to words or actions. In fact, Champions are constantly scanning the social environment, and no intriguing character or silent motive is likely to escape their attention. Far more than the other Idealists, Champions are keen and probing observers of the people around them, and are capable of intense concentration on another individual. Their attention is rarely passive or casual. On the contrary, Champions tend to be extra sensitive and alert, always ready for emergencies, always on the lookout for what's possible."

Yet again. Me.

"Champions are good with people and usually have a wide range of personal relationships. They are warm and full of energy with their friends. They are likable and at ease with colleagues, and handle their employees or students with great skill. They are good in public and on the telephone, and are so spontaneous and dramatic that others love to be in their company. Champions are positive, exuberant people, and often their confidence in the goodness of life and of human nature makes good things happen."

YET AGAIN! ME! Hehe. I'm in the same league as Charles Dickens, Joseph Campbell and Sargent Shriver! Coolness man!
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

PreviousNext