This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Personality Types *Vote in Poll*

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

What letters make up your type?

Extraverted
7%
Introverted
18%
Sensing
10%
Intuition
14%
Thinking
13%
Feeling
15%
Judging
16%
Perceiving
7%

Total votes : 346

Re: Personality Types *Vote in Poll*

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Apr 19, 2010 7:29 pm

(posted by Bella) Wiki wrote:Though not always organized, INFPs are meticulous about things they value.

very true in my case. Ex: my bookcase MUST be in order. I freak out if even just two or three books or CDs in it are switched around. And my documents and images on the computer are highly organized. I also have my clothes in a certain order, organized by texture and shape. If they're out of place it makes me upset, b/c these are things I care about. Whereas my shoes are just thrown at the bottom of my closet and I don't organize them at all. That's b/c I don't really care about my shoes, I hardly wear them anyways :p . I also don't love my jewelry so I just throw that all in a box, except my everyday jewelry (Narnia necklace :p , purity ring, little gold hoops), I have that in a seperate place ;) .
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby PrinceCor004 » Apr 19, 2010 8:16 pm

*took the test*

Well, I'm a ISFJ. Highest in Introvert and Judgmental. :p Hmm, maybe that's why I'm good at reviewing movies and soundtracks? :-\

Some of the question I would have answered "kind of", but there wasn't an option for that so I put "no". *shrugs*

It was a fun test, though! :D
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby Djaq » Apr 19, 2010 8:18 pm

I haven't read through this entire thread, but I have read through most of it. ;))

Anyway, I took the test and it said that I was an ISFJ. After reading through the descriptions, it sounded a bit like me but not exactly. Then I read some of the other personality types and I think I'm an ESFJ. I REALLY think that I'm like that after reading Heroine's post...
Heroine wrote:ESFJ exactly; slightly expressed extravert, slightly expressed sensing personality, moderately expressed feeling personality, slightly expressed judging personality.

That sounds like me. flambeau agrees. ;))

Heroine wrote:"In fact, Providers can be crushed by personal criticism, and are happiest when given ample appreciation both for themselves personally and for the tireless service they give to others."

I've been noticing this in myself as well and it's something that I need to correct. With God's help, we can change anything! :)

*thinks that an "Extrovert Club" on NWeb could be fun. . .* Since there are not very many of us. ;)) :P

Okay, I just took the quiz again and I'm 1% Extroverted. :P I'm a combination of ISFJ and ESFJ. . . ;))

~Djaq
When things fall apart, be glue.

Team Hoodie!!
Djaq
Moderator Emeritus
Djaq Of All Trades

Postby Bookwyrm » Apr 19, 2010 8:54 pm

Val bullied me into taking the test and I got INFJ. I'd taken it before a few years ago and got INFJ then too, so between those results and my reading of the Wiki article, I'm inclined to think it's accurate.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Dppselej » Apr 19, 2010 8:55 pm

I am just another ISFJ, who feels like a failure when some Extroverted Thinker in English class harshly criticizes her essay, or has mental block when working in a group with a pushy ENTP, then gets plenty of ideas alone on the bus. (And has already had to edit this post.) If people treat me badly or do something I object to, I cannot react to it until I'm away from the situation, where I replay the event over and over in my head, wondering why I didn't say or do something different. Life as an ENTP, for instance, must be far more enjoyable.

The following are some guesses at types for soem of the Narnian characters.

Digory: INTP
Polly: ESFJ
Peter: ESTJ
Susan: ESFJ
Edmund: ISTP
Lucy: INFP
Eustace: INTJ
Jill: INFP
Shasta: INFJ
Aravis: ENTJ (unsure on the last letter)
"May I ask to what these questions tend?"

"Merely to the illustration of your character," said she, endeavouring to shake off her gravity. "I am trying to make it out."
Dppselej
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Destined-To-Reign » Apr 19, 2010 9:09 pm

Oh good, Heroine! You and Djaq are a great comfort. ;)) ESFJ: I'd agree with both of you about the desire for doing things for others, but at the same time greatly needing to be appreciated in return. I know in my heart that I am loved and appreciated, but I find myself doubting it again and again. I feel like I cannot be told it too much, and I feel rather guilty about that; but it is something that I have to deal with. I'm also rather vulnerable to peer pressure.
Wikipedia wrote:Their value system derives from the external standards defined by their community, as opposed to a personal set of ethics.
This is something my mom sees in me, and tells me I need to work on. I think it goes along with the whole peer pressure thing, as well as needing to be appreciated/accepted.
Another thing that I believe ESFJs have in common is loyalty. I think loyalty is one of the things I feel most strongly about, and I would defend my family or good friends, or something I really believe in, against almost anything. This ties in with the ESFJs problem with seeing short-comings in people they're close to, I believe.

Bella, you mentioned that you can really associate with both the INFP and INFJ types. Since they have 3 of the same mini-types, that does make sense; they're pretty much identical except for the last type. And since you can associate with the INFJ just a tad more, perhaps the part you aren't similar to INFP is the "P" part, and you're INFJ? ;)) If that makes any sense at all.
Destined-To-Reign
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Heroine of Chivalry » Apr 19, 2010 9:35 pm

Djaq wrote: *thinks that an "Extrovert Club" on NWeb could be fun. . .* Since there are not very many of us.

Haha, that does sound fun. :) Especially because I've felt just a little out of place here with so many introverts. =D
D-T-R wrote:I'd agree with both of you about the desire for doing things for others, but at the same time greatly needing to be appreciated in return. I know in my heart that I am loved and appreciated, but I find myself doubting it again and again. I feel like I cannot be told it too much, and I feel rather guilty about that; but it is something that I have to deal with.

D-T-R also wrote:Another thing that I believe ESFJs have in common is loyalty. I think loyalty is one of the things I feel most strongly about, and I would defend my family or good friends, or something I really believe in, against almost anything. This ties in with the ESFJs problem with seeing short-comings in people they're close to, I believe.

Agreed on both points. About loyalty, that is an attribute of mine I've really been convinced about in the last year. I, too, have a blind loyalty so if someone "gets my loyalty" so to speak (it's hard to explain, but family and good friends are naturally in that category), I will explain away as best I can everything they do wrong and I'll continue to think highly of them and admire them even if I know they've done wrong. For me, that works in the reverse as well so if for some reason I don't like someone or I think badly of them, almost nothing can make them gain my respect or liking. I'm working on that. :)

Val wrote:For anyone who was wondering, or debating between two letters in their type, here's some info from this website about each one

Thanks for posting those lists. I saw something of myself in all of them, but extrovert, intuitive, feeling and perceiving particularly.
I left Narniaweb for inexplicable reasons in the beginning of June 2010 and probably will not be returning (much as I love this place). So if you're wondering why I disappeared, now you know! (sort of...)
Heroine of Chivalry
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Shadowlander » Apr 19, 2010 10:00 pm

I'm ISTJ, aka "The Inspector" ;))

The one word that best describes Inspectors is superdependable. Whether at home or at work, Inspectors are extraordinarily persevering and dutiful, particularly when it comes to keeping an eye on the people and products they are responsible for. In their quiet way, Inspectors see to it that rules are followed, laws are respected, and standards are upheld.

Wow, looks like the Moderator job description! ;))

Inspectors (as much as ten percent of the general population) are the true guardians of institutions. They are patient with their work and with the procedures within an institution, although not always with the unauthorized behavior of some people in that institution. Responsible to the core, Inspectors like it when people know their duties, follow the guidelines, and operate within the rules. For their part, Inspectors will see to it that goods are examined and schedules are kept, that resources will be up to standards and delivered when and where they are supposed to be. And they would prefer that everyone be this dependable.

That's definitely me. I don't like it when people break the law or don't follow the rules. ;)

Inspectors can be hard-nosed about the need for following the rules in the workplace, and do not hesitate to report irregularities to the proper authorities.

Which my boss can tell you I do on a regular basis. I send him about 25 emails a week chronicling discrepancies or mistakes I come across (that wouldn't have happened if they had been more careful and thorough to begin with!) =))

Generally speaking, Inspectors are not comfortable with anything that gets too fancy.

It isn't that I dislike fancy...it has its place. It's just not for me. ;) The only exception is one's personal library. Church it up in any way you can! ;))

Their clothes are often simple and conservative rather than of the latest fashion

Usually t-shirt and jeans, but sometimes I'll spruce it up with a polo shirt. I really am clueless when it comes to fashion, beyond knowing that you shouldn't wear navy blue and brown together (I think that's the combination) or striped shirts and pants together. 8-|

And their home and work environments are usually neat, orderly, and traditional, rather than trendy or ostentatious.

Whatever! My home is a perpetual disaster area! =)) I do keep my yard pretty orderly though ;)

As for personal property, they usually choose standard items over models loaded with features, and they often try to find classics and antiques - Inspectors prefer the old-fashioned to the newfangled every time.

This also helps to explain why my VCR is still blinking 12:00 after 3 years and why I'm distrustful of remote controls with more than 15 buttons (I only need volume controls, numbers, and an on/off button. More than that is needless "fluff". ;)) ).

They have a keen sense of right and wrong, especially in their area of interest and/or responsibility. They are noted for devotion to duty. They seem to perform at highest efficiency when employing a step-by-step approach.

There are no moral grey areas in life, only black and white. If something seems to be in a grey area, treat it like it's in the black and you'll never go wrong. ;))

Once a new procedure has proven itself (i.e., has been shown "to work,") the ISTJ can be depended upon to carry it through, even at the expense of their own health.

Like the time I had a horribly stressful night at work last year, had chest pains and thought I was having a heart attack, and like an idiot decided to stay because there was no one with experience to cover the job. I was fairly certain I was going to be dead inside of an hour, but no one was going to be able to accuse me of being derelict in my duties. ;))

And it turned out to be an anxiety attack. Phew!
Kennel Keeper of Fenris Ulf

Shadowlander
Moderator Emeritus
This Space For Rent

Postby StudyMate » Apr 20, 2010 3:52 am

What's wrong with F?

Well, nothing's wrong with it, I think it's not a bad letter, in its way. ;)
However, I would prefer to be the sort of person who can, "decide things from a more detached standpoint, measuring the decision by what seems reasonable, logical, causal, consistent and matching a given set of rules." Instead of being one that, "come[s] to decisions by associating or empathizing with the situation, looking at it 'from the inside' and weighing the situation to achieve, on balance, the greatest harmony." Personal preference, that's all.

Alyosha: And what does J/P have to do with being readable? ...I must be missing something here.^^

Sorry to confuse, but I've just had a recent epiphany (isn't that a splendid word?)that the slightly expressed judging nature I possess is readable at times quite clearly on my face. So not being 'judging' in itself is readable, but the way I process it, is perhaps more readable than I imagined. I should look deeper into the letters, but those are just my initial thoughts. :)
Love is the answer
At least for most of the questions
In my heart. Like why are we here?
And where do we go? And how come it's so hard?
~Jack Johnson

thanks to Lys for my avvy :)
StudyMate
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby hyaline12 » Apr 20, 2010 2:35 pm

I got INFJ. Introverted had the highest percentage, and Feeling was the lowest. I find it kind of funny how many of us are introverts. ;)

Famous INFJ's: Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Ghandi, John Calvin (that's kind of interesting...) and Nicole Kidman ( :-\ ).

What Wikipedia says about me:
INFJs are quiet, private individuals who prefer to exercise their influence behind the scenes. Although very independent, INFJs are intensely interested in the well-being of others. INFJs prefer one-on-one relationships to large groups.

INFJs have a rich, vivid inner life, which they may be reluctant to share with those around them.

They are intricately and deeply woven, mysterious, and highly complex, sometimes puzzling even to themselves... Abstract in communicating, they live in a world of hidden meanings and possibilities. With a natural affinity for art, INFJs tend to be creative and easily inspired.

The only part that's really not me was this:
INFJs regard problems as opportunities to design and implement creative solutions.

^More like an opportunity to have a nervous breakdown. ;))

I read somewhere this was one of the rarest types but I see there are a few others here. :ymhug:
hyaline12
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Aslanisthebest » Apr 20, 2010 2:40 pm

That part applies so much to me, too, Gtg. ;)) The one idiosyncrasy I have that must be met is that my bed has to be made every morning or I feel so untidy the whole day. Several things like that.

Dennie wrote: Bella, you mentioned that you can really associate with both the INFP and INFJ types. Since they have 3 of the same mini-types, that does make sense; they're pretty much identical except for the last type. And since you can associate with the INFJ just a tad more, perhaps the part you aren't similar to INFP is the "P" part, and you're INFJ? If that makes any sense at all.
Hmm, I see where you're coming from. That definitely could, but a lot of the traits under "P" relate to me more than the ones of "J." Considerably, I guess I'm more of an INFJ in other ways but towards other things I could be an INFP. It's hard to decide on which... :P But, though, I'll officially say I'm an INFJ if I absolutely had to put down one answer.

Wow, a lot of ISFJ's! And it's amusing how Extraverts are in the minority.
Also, I've figured that my mom is an ENTJ. A friend of ours who's really into personality types and all that jazz had guessed that my mom was the Extravert part of CSLN's personality type, and she seems to be right.

Edit:
*waves to INFJ above!* ;))
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby wolfloversk » Apr 20, 2010 6:03 pm

Aslanisthebest wrote:
Dennie wrote: Bella, you mentioned that you can really associate with both the INFP and INFJ types. Since they have 3 of the same mini-types, that does make sense; they're pretty much identical except for the last type. And since you can associate with the INFJ just a tad more, perhaps the part you aren't similar to INFP is the "P" part, and you're INFJ? If that makes any sense at all.
Hmm, I see where you're coming from. That definitely could, but a lot of the traits under "P" relate to me more than the ones of "J." Considerably, I guess I'm more of an INFJ in other ways but towards other things I could be an INFP. It's hard to decide on which... :P

I was looking it up and I noticed the same exact thing, I think my overall is more like INFJ, but I'm more of a P than a J... I think
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Bookwyrm » Apr 20, 2010 9:54 pm

Yes, there are quite a few of us INFJs on here. I'm not feeling as special now. ;))
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Aravis Narnia » Apr 21, 2010 4:54 am

Wow, lots of Introverts here.

I am an Extraverted iNtuitive Thinker Judger. Strongest function is iNtuition- the rest are weak in comparison. I am like 100% iNtuitive.

Also, in the Enneagram I am 3w4.
Aravis Narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby pogginfan » Apr 21, 2010 10:04 am

I got INFP. It's pretty amazing how well some of the description was describing me. :P
"INFP children often exhibit this in a 'Calvin and Hobbes' fashion, switching from reality to fantasy and back again. "
That's me. Always zoning out into thought and fantasy. :P
However, there were a few things about the INFP that didn't sound much like me. Such as, "INFPs have very high standards and are perfectionists". /:) I'm definitely not a perfectionist. :P There were a few other things that didn't sound like me.
It was really fun reading the description, though. :D My mom took it as well, and she got almost the complete opposite of me, an ESFJ. :P
I'll have to take it again in a year or so to see how much I've changed. :)

Avy by ValiantArcher, sig by hyaline12. Thank you!
pogginfan
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Apr 21, 2010 11:29 am

^ditto :p . I'm not a perfectionist, but I do that switching between reality and fantasy all the time ;)) . Sometimes it leads to some funny/awkward situations :p ...
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

PreviousNext