This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Personality Types *Vote in Poll*

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

What letters make up your type?

Extraverted
7%
Introverted
18%
Sensing
10%
Intuition
14%
Thinking
13%
Feeling
15%
Judging
16%
Perceiving
7%

Total votes : 346

Re: Personality Types *Vote in Poll*

Postby Adeona » May 07, 2010 1:25 pm

Well, I'd never heard of this test before (that I can recall) and decided to try it out. My results were INFJ; "Counselor." My numbers are really low in all areas, though (Introverted: 44 Intuitive: 12 Feeling: 25 Judging: 11). So either I have a very weak personality or I have absolutely no clue about myself! ;)
The questions were pretty unusual, though. About one out of five of them I had to basically guess, because I really could not think of real-life examples to base my answer on. So I think that contributed to my watery numbers.

I certainly consider myself to be quite introverted and feeling, but I never thought of myself as Judging before. I do see now how I am that. I'm don't think I'm intuitive, though.

It's true that I tend to be "Positive in my handling of others;" a "Great listener" and am "Blessed with a vivid imagination."
But I don't "Recognize another's emotions or intentions - good or evil - even before that person is aware of them"

Apparently Eleanor Roosevelt and Gandhi were both INTJ.
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby Valiant_Lucy » May 07, 2010 1:56 pm

Adeona, I know what you mean about some of the questions being tricky. It's hard to think how you'd apply them in RL...I'm not sure if you saw this already or not but if you found the test results inaccurate because of your "watery numbers" ( :P ) maybe this would help? viewtopic.php?p=61356#p61356 Just the explanations of what each of the letters mean. It might be easier for you to find your type by comparing each of the descriptions and seeing which letters sound more like you. :)
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Marilyn Monroe
Valiant_Lucy
Moderator Emeritus
The IMAR&NB mod

Postby Aslanisthebest » May 07, 2010 2:41 pm

Thought I'd share this link for personality types: http://www.personalitypage.com/portraits.html
They have descriptions for all 16 types, and taking from what they've said about the two I think I am, I'd say it's accurate. :)
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Betsie » May 07, 2010 3:09 pm

Myers Briggs is one of my very favorite things. It's so beautiful and exciting!

I'm a classic ISFJ.

I want to air all of my theories and insights on all of you, but I have too many to think of which ones to start on. ;) So, don't y'all become uninterested in this thread, 'cause I'm coming back in force soon.

Laura Ingalls Wilder wasn't INFP, though. Probably ISFJ. Not to be selfish or anything. Just more logical. :p
Perpetual Member of the Manalive Conspiracy!
Betsie
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Kate » May 07, 2010 5:17 pm

Something extraordinary has happened. I have become an Extrovert. That is something I never thought would happen. I'm not sure if personality types can change, but mine seems to have changed. This year, I've discovered that I'm never happier than when I'm in a group of my friends and I often feel lonely if I don't hang out with people during the course of a day. I used to be able to spend days alone, but now I can't.

I got ESFJ, which I thought was odd, because I'm not really a feeler, but ESFJ is a "caregiver" which fits perfectly because I've become a Bible Study leader this year and nothing has ever felt more right. I was born to check in on people, do my best to point them toward Jesus and attempt to meet their needs. I love it. It's the best choice I ever made. Much of my identity has become wrapped up in caring for my study members and hanging out with them. So, for the first time, I've embraced Extrovertedness!
Kate
Moderator Emeritus
DJ Mod

Postby Silvertongue » May 08, 2010 3:43 pm

I actually took the test this morning since I hadn't taken it in a while and wanted to see if I had changed at all...but nope, I'm still an ESFJ. When I first took the test a couple years ago, I was surprised to find how much of an extrovert the results said I was, since I was very introverted growing up...I mean, with friends and family I was a huge extrovert, but with other people I would just clam up and had big shy issues. Even now, I can find moments where it's hard for me to fully open up and trust certain people, but I can definitely see where I've changed when it comes to being an extrovert/introvert. Getting a job really changed that...it forced me to open up more to people and interact with them, which I've found that I love more than I hate. I'm naturally pretty talkative, and I basically came to the conclusion that people tend more to respond in a pleasant, open way if you approach them in a pleasant, open way. ;) Brilliant, hm? lol.
I don't necessarily agree that I'm a 60% extrovert, but "caregiver" and "feeler" definitely fit right in with me...I was born a big sis and a natural worry-wart. I love helping and comforting people, especially kids. So I definitely think that part about me is true. :)
Image Image Image
Silvertongue
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Boy Scout » Jul 02, 2010 12:57 pm

I got ENFJ. And it looks like I'm the only one! :(( :-o :-\ /:) (Sorry if I didn't see anyone else.) I thought that I would have "thinking" somewhere on mine, I guess not. I will add this to. It is a chart from CAPT. You can is this page on this link.
http://www.capt.org/mbti-assessment/est ... encies.htm
I was so so so so glad to see that both Ronald Reagan and Pope John Paul II were this type! :D
Packers=13 time Wrold Champs!

I'm not inactive, I'm just very, very, busy.
Boy Scout
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby mm1991 » Jul 02, 2010 1:22 pm

INTP here in the room. :p
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

mm1991
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby MoonlightDancer » Jul 02, 2010 7:59 pm

Mine says ENFP :) it seems pretty accurate from what i can tell. I'm not the most outgoing person in the world but i can't go an entire day without hanging out with people or else i go crazy and start talking to myself! I have a lot of friends, both at home and at my college which is in a different state. And I love asking people questions and finding more about them, and I love hearing stories and telling stories. I also work with kids and hold down two jobs! I love staying busy :)
Forever a proud Belieber

Live life with the ultimate joy and freedom.
MoonlightDancer
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Location: I'll be up in the stars, I'll be anywhere you are...

Postby SusanTheArcher » Jul 05, 2010 1:53 pm

I always get different results on these kinds of test. Usually I get 50% of one category and 50% of its opposite! I've never had the same results twice! I think it's because my answers to these questions really depend on my mood. There are days when I want to be alone and days when I want to be with others. I like to go out as much as I like to read quietly.

Anyways, I'm a INTJ, Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging. Strength of the preferences %: 22 25 1 22. I think these numbers mean I'm barely INTJ?
"# slightly expressed introvert
# moderately expressed intuitive personality
# slightly expressed thinking personality
# slightly expressed judging personality" Hmm.. reading Valiant_Lucy's description of INTJ's though, I recognise myself a little bit. And if Jane Austen is an INTJ then I'm happy to be one as well :)
"'I say that if one could know what will happen after death, then not one of us would be afraid of death....One's afraid of the unknown, that's what it is.'" -- Tolstoy, War and Peace

My LiveJournal
SusanTheArcher
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Fire Fairy » Jul 05, 2010 10:28 pm

I got INFP (the Healer). I read the description and was like, woah!

This perfectly describes me:

Also, Healers might well feel a sense of separation because of their often misunderstood childhood. Healers live a fantasy-filled childhood-they are the prince or princess of fairy tales-an attitude which, sadly, is frowned upon, or even punished, by many parents. With parents who want them to get their head out of the clouds, Healers begin to believe they are bad to be so fanciful, so dreamy, and can come to see themselves as ugly ducklings. In truth, they are quite OK just as they are, only different from most others-swans reared in a family of ducks.

At work, Healers are adaptable, welcome new ideas and new information, are patient with complicated situations, but impatient with routine details. Healers are keenly aware of people and their feelings, and relate well with most others. Because of their deep-seated reserve, however, they can work quite happily alone. When making decisions, Healers follow their heart not their head, which means they can make errors of fact, but seldom of feeling. They have a natural interest in scholarly activities and demonstrate, like the other Idealists, a remarkable facility with language. They have a gift for interpreting stories, as well as for creating them, and thus often write in lyric, poetic fashion. Frequently they hear a call to go forth into the world and help others, a call they seem ready to answer, even if they must sacrifice their own comfort.

I made a mistake on the poll, though. I voted before I took the test (oops :ymblushing: )! Oh, well.

EDIT: Took a look through the other posts, and it looks like only two others are INFP, Glenstorm and pogginfan. It's very interesting to find people like you! The site does say that INFPs are rare, though. Makes me feel special! :ymhug:
Member of the Dragon Lovers Club. PM FrecklefaceJill to join.

Avy & Sig by Ithilwen--thank you!
Fire Fairy
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby sandyentersNarnia » Aug 07, 2010 3:41 am

I'm an INFJ. (Introverted: 11 iNtuiting: 62 Feeling: 38 Judging: 44)

Nice..... :

Usually self-expression comes more easily to INFJs on paper, as they tend to have strong writing skills. Since in addition they often possess a strong personal charisma, INFJs are generally well-suited to the "inspirational" professions such as teaching (especially in higher education) and religious leadership. Psychology and counseling are other obvious choices, but overall, INFJs can be exceptionally difficult to pigeonhole by their career paths. Perhaps the best example of this occurs in the technical fields. Many INFJs perceive themselves at a disadvantage when dealing with the mystique and formality of "hard logic", and in academic terms this may cause a tendency to gravitate towards the liberal arts rather than the sciences. However, the significant minority of INFJs who do pursue studies and careers in the latter areas tend to be as successful as their T counterparts, as it is *iNtuition* -- the dominant function for the INFJ type -- which governs the ability to understand abstract theory and implement it creatively.

"Two sides of the same coin"
sandyentersNarnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Ithilwen » Aug 22, 2010 11:26 pm

I've taken the test twice, and each time got INFJ. :D
Looks like I'm pretty rare... Only one percent of the population? Yikes! I feel so alone... :((
It says Charlote Bronte and Nathaniel Hawthorne were also INFJs. Which is funny because they've been two of my favorite authors for a long time, because I identified so well with the things they wrote. :)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby Bookwyrm » Aug 24, 2010 1:31 pm

Wow, two other INFJs in a row. :D
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby sandyentersNarnia » Aug 25, 2010 3:23 am

Yeah, I really like this post. Makes me know myself better.

"Two sides of the same coin"
sandyentersNarnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Susan's_look_a_like » Oct 05, 2010 11:26 am

Introverted - 95%
Intuition - 89%
Feeling - 53%
Perceiving - 89%

Greetings! I am an INfP extraordinaire. I love Myers Briggs typology and find that I identify with most of my personality description.

"INFPs never seem to lose their sense of wonder. One might say they see life through rose-colored glasses. It's as though they live at the edge of a looking-glassworld where mundane objects come to life, where flora and fauna take on near-human qualities."
- INFP Profile (TypeLogic)
Oh so true.
Like Narnia? Read Reading with the Heart: the Way into Narnia
d(^_^)b
Sig & avie: Checkers
Susan's_look_a_like
NarniaWeb Junkie

PreviousNext