This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Favorite Music: Album Two

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Favorite Music: Album Two

Postby Princess Anna » Mar 07, 2013 2:31 pm

I know, I know... third time in a row! But it's not all my fault... you all have been leaving me to do all the talkin'! :p

Anyway, guesswhatguesswhat GUESS WHAT?! IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!!! :-o :D

Again, two of the easiest ways to buy it, are on iTunes and the Breath of Soul website! Enjoy! B-)

Edit, a few hours later:
Mom and I just ordered mine!!! Can't wait til it gets here! :D
Princess Anna
Moderator Emeritus
the Resident Troublemaker

Postby Princess Anna » Mar 11, 2013 4:23 pm

Fourth time in a row? Sheesh. 8-|
Anyway, I thought you'd want to know...

IT CAME, IT CAME!!!! :D :D
I've already listened to the whole cd once through, and played most of the songs several more times following that. ;)) I love all of the songs, but the most played so far is Fix You, Fix Me (like that's a shock. ha!)

Ok, a few more things... then, I promise to leave you alone for awhile (unless you say otherwise). ;)

1) They did end up signing it for me... all four of them! (yay for Davey!)
Speaking of which, it was sooo funny. Yesterday, he was in church, and when I talked with him afterwards...
me: "Dude! If I had known you was coming, I woulda had you bring me my cd!"
him: "But if it came with me, it wouldn't have been signed. Can't have it both ways, silly."
me, after pausing to think it over: "And... I'm ok with waiting for it!"
him: "Sheesh"
=))

2) I kind of hesitate to say this, but it says it on their website, so...
Did you know you can get a free copy of their Lady Antebellum medley when you buy the cd? :) (but only the physical copy. sorry, to those of you buying it digitally! :( )

3) Talked with Davey through email while listening, earlier. Thought I'd share part of it, cause I found it funny... ok, and it made me grin!
me: Got my cd today! :D
him: How do ya like it?
me: What do you think? :P I LOVE IT!
him: yay! Good deal

I made him happy, by saying he made me happy! :D
*wishes she could hug her lil brudder*

4) I took pictures, so... I will edit those in once I upload them! B-)

Thanks for putting up with my ramblings, guys! You're the best! :ymhug:
Princess Anna
Moderator Emeritus

Postby SnowAngel » Mar 13, 2013 3:10 pm

Way cool, Princess!!! :D I like reading your posts! :)

Tenth Avenue North has a new music video!!! B-)

This is one of my newest favorites....

SnowAngel
We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble
and write our blessings in sand. — C.H. Spurgeon
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby darkhorseD » Mar 13, 2013 10:40 pm

I have recently discovered, among other things, the massive amount of Brony music on youtube. Many of the songs are awesome, and these are just a few of them:

Tick tock, tick tock
Goes the clock
Here comes your final hour

Best use it well
But remember yourselves
The worlds left in its wake
darkhorseD
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Princess Anna » Mar 19, 2013 9:00 pm

SnowAngel wrote:Way cool, Princess!!! :D I like reading your posts! :)

:D

Well, you're in luck then... cause I'm back! :D
Firstly, I haven't been able to watch all those videos yet, guys. But I want to, and I'll let you know what I think as soon as I get around to it. Ok?
Newest Breath of Soul news:

The boys put up a new promo video!
With it, they wrote a short paragraph (on fb) which said...
Brand new Promotional Video for 2013! If you know of anyone who may be interested in bringing Breath of Soul to their area, this video is for them. Please, please share this for us! Thanks, everyone!!

When sharing it on fb, I had said...
New promo video! Feel free to share it, guys. ;)
It really tells what the guys are about... why they love to do what they do. I still can't get over the fact that my friends have come this far. And I'm SO proud to say that I've been there from the very beginning. It's been a fun ride so far, and I can't wait to see where this goes!

and... it's bedtime. I'll have to edit in (or separately post) my review of each song on the new cd later! Figured you'd all be curious. ;)

edit:
A few days after they posted the video (so, yesterday aka thursday), the guys posted this...
In case you missed our first post on this, check out our new 2013 promo vid! If you are a school teacher or work in entertainment or anything music-related - this one's for you! Please share!
Princess Anna
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Princess Anna » Mar 25, 2013 4:00 pm

Alrighty, then. I figure it's about time I gave you a review of the new cd! :D

Oh, and I could go more in-depth then I'm going. If you want me to, by all means, let me know. I just didn't want to drown you in music geekery right off the bat. ;))

disclaimer: Though most of the songs are covers, the guys use their own arrangements of each song. Usually done by Jesse.

2nd disclaimer: Because I'm lame and didn't want to figure out all the ways I could get the picture up, I was lazy and used the one off their instagram. Hope that's ok with you!

1) Pumped Up Kicks
-One of their more popular covers (it's by Foster the People, originally). I'd heard it a ton already, because the guys made a video of it for their youtube, 9 months ago.
-Even though I'd heard it live and on youtube dozens of times... the guys still managed to make it sound somewhat fresh and new for the cd. Loved the harmonies, as usual. And listening to Davey singing lead is always fun, so... :-??

2) Bad Romance
-Not my favourite song... but I like their cover better than Lady Gaga's original version. (which I don't like at all) :P
-Again, I was used to it, cause of a youtube video... that was made years ago. (I want to say it was the first video they put up) But again, they changed it up a tiny bit for the cd.
-Davey and Jake both did great jobs on their solos! (not knocking Jesse and Tony, cause they do great. I'm just sayin' though)

3) Bee
-written by Jake, so it's a BOS original!
-Davey sings lead again. (shocker :p ) and Jake does a rap type thing towards the end.
-Tight and well-blended harmonies. Like those and the beat. But I go back and forth on the lyrics.

4) House of the Rising Sun
-the group has been singing this since their 5one days! (it was even on 5one's cd!) But don't think that means it's boring... no. It's kind of evolved with them!
-Jake takes lead on this one... and wow, I can never get over how talented he is. His singing is just as awesome as his vocal percussion!

5) Fix You, Fix Me
-a song by Jesse and a friend of theirs (making it the 2nd BOS original on here)
-Beautiful harmonies, calming tone, lovely lyrics, and a nice job on lead by Davey!

6) Michael Jackson vs Queen
-possibly their newest medley (pretty sure it is), that is getting increasingly popular through their youtube video (uploaded 3 months ago).
-Does a fantastic job of featuring all four of the guys... and I think I almost have more fun with it when watching the video. I mean, it's so fun watching their facial expressions and stuff while listening. ;))

7) Give Yourself
-written by Jake, so yep... original song #3!
-Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I first heard/saw this one in a video on their facebook page.
-Beautiful lead tone by Jesse... LOVE the harmony with Davey towards the end. Followed by a short lead part by Davey *melts*

8) Rollin in the Deep
-this cover of Adele's song came about in an interesting way... someone had suggested they sing it, in the comments of the Bad Romance video. The first time I heard the guys sing it (that I can recall) is at the Lady Antebellum concert!
-Tony starts us out, with his great bass voice. As usual, I love their harmonies, and it's fun to see the lead switch between three of the guys. (Tony, Jesse, and Davey)

9) My Last Season
-written by the friend that cowrote Fix You, Fix Me with Jesse; making this the fourth original song on the cd
-Lovely harmonies and lyrics, calming tones, most (if not all) of the guys are featured at some point.

10) I Won't Give Up
-I think the inside of the cd says it's a Jason Mraz song? Anyways, the guys do a great job with this one too. Very calming, also. Davey sings lead for a lot of it.

And the bonus, for those that buy the physical copy:
11) Lady Antebellum Medley
-I think we know what I think of this one. :P
-It's a fun idea to think I can listen to it over and over without hitting play on the youtube video constantly. ;))

And... that's my short review of 4 the record!
Princess Anna
Moderator Emeritus

Postby De_De » Mar 29, 2013 2:14 pm

Yay, Breath of Soul :D

Actually, thanks to you Princess Anna, I got hooked to Lady Antebellum! I just love them :D Thanks \:D/ :-bd

I recently just can't stop listening to David Garrett! I got this sudden love for instrumental music. It's really nice to listen to music without words, 'cause then you don't have to think on the lyrics, but can just relax to music. I really like David Garrett becuase he covers a lot of classical music but in a more upbeat or modern form. I just think it's kinda cool :D
Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club
De_De
NarniaWeb Guru
The Sunny Vitamin D (BC, retired)

Location: exploring Narnia with Frodo and Lady Courage (and a bunch of great NarniaWebbers) in Obi's spaceship

Postby Lady Haleth » Mar 31, 2013 3:44 pm

Has anyone heard this song yet? I think it's amazing. (The band is Needtobreathe).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91iXRMkmFbs
The glory of God is man fully alive--St. Iraneus
Salvation is a fire in the midnight of the soul-Switchfoot
Lady Haleth
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mar 31, 2013 7:04 pm

I've been continuously playing Regina Spektor's albums - "Far" and "What We Saw from the Cheap Seats". Also, the recent symphonic metal band album by Nightwish - "Imaginerium". Quality music!
Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11
Warrior 4 Jesus
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Mar 31, 2013 9:05 pm

Glad to find another Nightwish fan, Warrior! :)

A lot of my favorite songs come from "Imaginerium" and "Oceanborn". Very good inspiration for fantasy writing and poem writing, if you ask me.

I really like other bands in the symphonic metal category. I'd recommend Within Temptation and Epica for starters.
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby De_De » Apr 01, 2013 5:23 am

Lady Haleth, yeah I heard it! My brother loves Need to Breath :D I really like that song too :D
Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club
De_De
NarniaWeb Guru
The Sunny Vitamin D (BC, retired)

Location: exploring Narnia with Frodo and Lady Courage (and a bunch of great NarniaWebbers) in Obi's spaceship

Postby AslansChild » Apr 01, 2013 6:37 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:I've been continuously playing Regina Spektor's albums...

I'd be interested to hear any comments you may have on her music W4J, especially her newest album. :)
"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby SnowAngel » Apr 23, 2013 11:34 am

I just barely got Citizen Way's debut album Love is the Evidence preordered yesterday. And now for staying away from YouTube until the CD arrives. :)

My brother decided to go ahead and get Live Like That by Sidewalk Prophets, he had been debating whether or not to get it now. Plus we got Everything Sad is Coming Untrue by Jason Gray for my Mom for Mother's Day and Offerings by Third Day was $5, so I had to get it for my collection. :) There is going to be a lot of new music at our house! :) Almost like Christmas. ;)

Aaron Shust has a new single! :D Totally awesome! His new CD, Morning Rises, will be released on July 16th, 2013. :)

SnowAngel
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby AslansChild » Apr 29, 2013 4:01 pm

Wow SnowAngel, looks like you really got some bargains! I love it when that happens... :)
Also, that's really neat Aaron Shust is coming out with some new stuff soon, the singles good, so I'm looking forward to the whole thing.

Has anyone ever seen this before?

I just heard it on Pandora and fell in love with it. Learned how to do that years ago, someone just taught me how to do it, just thought it was something she made up, I had no clue others actually did it, or set it to music and put it into a film, no less. :p Made my day. ;)
"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby SnowAngel » May 02, 2013 12:00 pm

AslansChild wrote:Wow SnowAngel, looks like you really got some bargains! I love it when that happens... :)

Yes, we did. :) I am looking forward to giving Mom the Jason Gray CD, she knows we got something for her, but she doesn't know what it is. :)

Love is the Evidence is excellent! :) It is worth every bit of the $11 I paid for it. Best songs are Should've Been Me and Love is a Mess. :)

SnowAngel
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby Princess Anna » May 31, 2013 9:34 pm

De_De wrote:Yay, Breath of Soul :D

Actually, thanks to you Princess Anna, I got hooked to Lady Antebellum! I just love them :D Thanks \:D/ :-bd

:ymblushing: :D :ymhug:

I'd love to respond to each post since my last few. But I don't have tons of time. However, I thought this deserved to be seen. It's odd... in December Jake called me their "number one fan", and yet I JUST TONIGHT (not that long ago, in fact) found out about this huge news? Wow. Just... wow.

:-t :-o @-) :-ss :D 8-} <--all of those equal my reactions since I found out
Princess Anna
Moderator Emeritus

PreviousNext