This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Favorite Music: Album Two

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Favorite Music: Album Two

Postby The Pendragon » Jan 03, 2013 6:57 pm

My brother got "Gravity" for Christmas, so I will just have to commandeer his CD and perhaps put it on my computer.

My brother got Gravity for Christmas, too! :P I was soooo sad that there wasn't a lyric book! Just some pictures and saying who wrote, produced and sang on each song. Disappointing! :(( Of course, they're online, but it's still cool to have the official lyric book!

Their latest album is amazing. I felt like it took me a while to get into "Babel", but I'm in love with it now. It's just as good as "Sigh No More", only the production is a lot more clean since it wasn't self-produced and I feel like the band gets even more adventurous with their instrumentation. Favorite songs? Oh, that's hard...I really love "I Will Wait", "Lover of The Light" and "Lover's Eyes" as well as their bonus track "For Those Below", but my favorite song right now is probably "Not With Haste". They're all as good as the next, really. You should definitely look into the rest of the album!

Thanks for the recommendations! I listened to a few of them last night, but nothing really stuck out. But most of the time, the songs I end up loving the most are the ones that I don't like at first! ;) Strange how that is, huh?
The Pendragon
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby SnowAngel » Jan 04, 2013 4:01 pm

Lots of new music here, I got Third Day's self-titled album for Christmas, and two of my siblings and Mom got new CDs as well: Sidewalk Prophets' These Simple Truths, Chris August's No Far Away, and Laura Story's Blessings. :D I love These Simple Truths. I heard The Words I Would Say and Show Me How To Love on the radio a lot for a while, but since it has been a while, I'm really enjoying the CD. And of course Third Day is awesome! :D

Before Christmas my brother bought Jeremy Camp's Carried Me and my older sister bought Francesca Battistelli's Hundred More Years. I'm going to order Third Day's Miracle tonight and my sister is going to get a new CD too, but she hasn't decided what yet. :D It's nearly a new music overdose here, but only nearly! ;)

SnowAngel
We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble
and write our blessings in sand. — C.H. Spurgeon
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby Purpleotter » Jan 04, 2013 6:08 pm

I've been listening to two of ColdPlay's albums. I like their songs Clocks, In my place, Shiver, and Green Eyes.
"Once a King or Queen of Narnia, always a King or Queen of Narnia"-Aslan
Purpleotter
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby RubyGamgee » Jan 04, 2013 11:04 pm

The Pendragon wrote:
My brother got Gravity for Christmas, too! :P I was soooo sad that there wasn't a lyric book! Just some pictures and saying who wrote, produced and sang on each song. Disappointing! :(( Of course, they're online, but it's still cool to have the official lyric book!

Haha! You know, I had the exact same reaction. Like I said, I have difficulty listening to rap partially because the lyrics are hard to make out all the time and partially because most of the time the lyrics aren't worth listening to. Anyhow, I was extremely disappointed that Lecrae's lyrics weren't in the album sleeve...but then my brother and I concurred that the album sleeve would have been more like a book if the lyrics had been in there. :P

Thanks for the recommendations! I listened to a few of them last night, but nothing really stuck out. But most of the time, the songs I end up loving the most are the ones that I don't like at first! Strange how that is, huh?

Don't feel bad, because that's how I felt about the new album for a long time as well. It's the kind of album you need to listen to during a long road trip or something to sort of get yourself acquainted with.

Then again, it might just be that I'm head over heels for all the band members. They're so...classy and everything essentially English and British. :)

Purpleotter, I recently got Coldplay's album "Mylo Xyloto". It's the first full album of their's that I've bought. I've never been completely sold on Coldplay, but I think that's because I've never bothered to listen to their music a lot. I like a lot of their singles, like "Viva la Vida" and "Fix You". :)

I recently purchased Kari Jobe's album "Where I Found You". I bought it mostly because so many of my friends listen to her and have been telling me we should all cover some of her songs at some point. I'd only ever heard a few of her songs on the radio and while some people I know really love her for her voice, in my case her voice is what kind of turns me off from her music. It's not bad, it's just...breathy, if you know what I mean. When someone sings like that, you can tell they're not supporting their sound using their diaphragm and you worry that they'll ruin their voice completely in a few years. It's almost painful for me to hear people sing like that. :P My family and I have this thing about worship artists and their "breathy singers".

Other than that, I think her lyrics are all very good and her music has a nice upbeat feel to it. :)
blog | graphics | youtube channel
member of the Tenth Ave. North club
Keeper of the Secret Magic
1 Peter 3:15
RubyGamgee
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Aslanisthebest » Jan 05, 2013 12:28 pm

AslansChild, I wanted to thank-you for the list of all the Indie singers you gave me some time ago. I enjoyed listening to some of The Vesper's work. I like the instruments that they use, especially. :)

Purpleotter, I'm a Coldplay fan, too. (Or, at least, of their older music.) My favourite album is Parachutes, and I like a couple songs off their other CD's, and one or two off one of their EP's. My favourite, right now, would probably be "Viva La Vida" (the song) and "Speed of Sound." "Fix You" is so =(( beautiful.

I've recently gotten more into Switchfoot. I partly blame Gildor. It started with Vice Verses, and then I decided to listen to more of their stuff. I really like their Alternative sound. My favourite song right now is "Yesterdays" :( :( and "Let Your Love Be Strong." Most of my favourite songs are off Oh! Gravity. "The War Inside" and "Dark Horses" are just .... :ymapplause: 8-} amazing.
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Purpleotter » Jan 05, 2013 4:06 pm

The only song I've heard from Switchfoot is "Dare you to move". I really like that one, I have it on my iPad. I prefer downloading music on my iPad vs going to the store and buying CDs. It keeps the songs from getting scratched and I can keep my favorite songs in one place.
Purpleotter
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby AslansChild » Jan 07, 2013 11:44 am

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:...I read the complete lyrics and in context it seems to be a parody of Rebecca Black's 'song' "Friday". If it isn't though, God help us.

First off, I'd like to thank you for getting that song stuck in my head! :p
fun, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun...

LoL, that's enough to make you go batty. :)

& secondly, you're right, he may have been trying to parody, but I have to disagree with his choice of lyrics, singing about looking for forgiveness for what you did on Saturday isn't the type of stuff that should be coming from a Christian's mouth, regardless of the intent. Just saying...

On a happier note, :) , Moriah Peters' song Well Done is a new favorite of mine, very happy and uplifting:

\:D/ ;))
"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Purpleotter » Jan 08, 2013 4:30 pm

Aslanschild: I love that one!

Anyone a Paramore fan? :) I love their Brand New Eyes album. I really like the lyrics that they use.
Purpleotter
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby IloveFauns » Feb 08, 2013 6:18 pm

Fall out boy is back. There new song is surely different. I want to hear the rest of the album before i judge.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby AslansChild » Feb 11, 2013 9:58 am

Hawk Nelson has a new single out, Words.

I was never a big fan of theirs, but this song is really good. Waiting until a new CD comes out to give them a try.
"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby SnowAngel » Feb 13, 2013 4:56 pm

Jeremy Camp's Reckless was released yesterday! B-) It's awesome! :D We listened to it twice yesterday. Favorite songs - I'm not sure yet, other than Reckless! ;)

SnowAngel
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby IloveFauns » Feb 14, 2013 3:45 am

For someone who hasn't listened to him or even know who he is, I liked the song.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby narnian1 » Feb 14, 2013 4:48 pm

SnowAngel wrote:Jeremy Camp's Reckless was released yesterday! B-) It's awesome! :D We listened to it twice yesterday. Favorite songs - I'm not sure yet, other than Reckless! ;)

SnowAngel

I got my copy on Friday before the release. I love Jeremy Camp's music. Since his first CD, (well... not including Burden Me which was independent, and it's not available. Youtube has it, didn't like it though). My copy came with the Reckless EP.
Nothing much to the EP: Reckless, Overcome (Radio Edit) which is 4min shorter than CD version, The Way (acoustic), and an Adam Cappa song.

I didn't have this version of The Way, so I'm listening to it. I rather enjoy it, although it's nothing next to the original. Of the CD, I have only heard 3 songs since I am trying hard to listen to it a little at a time to make his new music last longer. At first first I was only WOW'ed by one song, but all three I really like a lot now. I am choosing my songs randomly:

Reckless, this wasn't a random choice. It's the first single so I chose to lead with it. I hadn't heard it once before getting the CD.

Paradise, I don't know why this one reminds me of There Will Be A Day from two CDs ago. One is slow and one is more upbeat, but a lot of the meaning is the same.

His song, My God, I just love it. He can almost never do anything wrong in my book concerning his music.

-------------

In other news, I'm also enjoying Third Day's latest CD. I'm also listening to it in pieces. I Need A Miracle I'm just starting to listen to. I love For The Rest of My life. I haven't heard any other.

Tenth Avenue North, I still have only gotten two songs from their latest. Strangers Here I think is great, but I love Losing! I began listening to these two last year, and I haven't tired of either one although I listen to them almost daily.
I have 5 more songs queued to purchase in the coming weeks.

Casting Crowns, I'm enjoying Volume 1 of their acoustic session CD.
Praise You In The Storm is terrific here. East To West is very good too. New song, Delivered, is fine but not a favorite of mine. I love the version of Set Me Free here too. I haven't heard any other song, not even the second new song.

Mercy Me, they released a new CD in May of last year. The Hurt and the Healer, title track, I love it, I have it retired for now I listened to it so much. The First Time and To Whom It May Concern I have just recently begun to listen to, and I think both are great. I haven't listened to the others year. But I have been listening to their previous CD The Worship Sessions, it's a little known CD since only Family Christian Bookstores sell it, exclusive. Off it I've only REALLY listened to Hosanna. I didn't realize I abandoned the CD. I recently began listening to Come Thou Fount and There Is A Fountain from it, and they're great, (song titles just a coincidence). It's like I have two new CDs to listen to from them.

-------------------

EDIT:

How could I forget? Chris Tomlin just released a CD as well! I love White Flag which was on the Passions CD. Crown Him [Majesty] and Whom Shall I Fear [God of Angel Armies] are very good too. Once again I am listening to in pieces so I haven't listened to any others. The second to listed I just began to listen to.
narnian1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby SnowAngel » Feb 14, 2013 6:06 pm

IloveFauns wrote:For someone who hasn't listened to him or even know who he is, I liked the song.
It's a great song. You should try the rest of the CD, if you like Reckless.

narnian1 wrote:Of the CD, I have only heard 3 songs since I am trying hard to listen to it a little at a time to make his new music last longer. At first first I was only WOW'ed by one song, but all three I really like a lot now. I am choosing my songs randomly.
WOW! I couldn't do that, if my brother hadn't bought the CD I would probably be listening to it on Youtube. :)

narnian1 wrote:In other news, I'm also enjoying Third Day's latest CD. I'm also listening to it in pieces. I Need A Miracle I'm just starting to listen to. I love For The Rest of My life. I haven't heard any other.
For the Rest of My Life is one of my favorite as well as Your Love is Like a River, I Need A Miracle, Forever Yours, and The Victory. :) The whole CD is awesome! B-) It's definitely one of my favorite CDs. :) I also love their version of Morning Has Broken, wish they would make a hymns CD.

I got to go play Splinter Cell: Conviction with my brother. :)
SnowAngel
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby Princess Anna » Feb 26, 2013 9:15 pm

I'd love to comment on the last several posts, but I'm way too excited to focus!

Earlier today, I found something out, that I thought you'd want to see:
Breath of Soul's fb page wrote:Anndd, here's the cover of our brand new album, 4 THE RECORD! Thanks to Disc Makers, the physical CD's just shipped out today, so the physical/digital release date should be very soon!

the awesome cover

*squeals for the millionth time today*
I simply can't wait for my signed copy...

oh, and just for fun, while we wait? Let's enjoy this video that they uploaded the day after the Lady Antebellum concert!

Question: Is it wrong that I love the fact that I knew the title before today, or that I know already what songs are gonna be on the album? I feel bad for those that aren't "in the know" yet, but it's not really my fault... right? :ymblushing: :p
Princess Anna
Moderator Emeritus
the Resident Troublemaker

Postby Princess Anna » Feb 28, 2013 10:00 pm

Don't know why I waited this long to tell you, but I found this earlier today...

Breath of Soul's fb page wrote:Here's another album teaser for you guys.... Track listing goes as follow on 4 THE RECORD (asterisk denotes a BOS original!):

1. Pumped Up Kicks
2. Bad Romance
3. Bee*
4. House of the Rising Sun
5. Fix You, Fix Me*
6. Michael Jackson vs. Queen
7. Give Yourself*
8. Rollin in the Deep
9. My Last Season*
10. I Won't Give Up

The album will be available on iTunes, Amazon, Rhapsody, Spotify, Rdio, A Cappella Records (ACR) and of course our website!

I'm most excited to have Fix You, Fix Me and Give Yourself on there. (the first, i've only seen them sing live. the other in a video on fb) We all know I'm excited about the rest of it too, of course. But still... :D :D

It's odd, but I caught myself thinking "Only 10 tracks? Davey made it sound like there were more than that." ;)) But hey, a new cd to wear out is a new cd to wear out. It's a way to change things up... so I'm not complainin'! =))

Anyway, thought I should give you guys the heads up. I'll be sure to let you know when they share a release date! ;)

Ok, bedtime for me!
Princess Anna
Moderator Emeritus
the Resident Troublemaker

PreviousNext