This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Favorite Music: Album Two

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Favorite Music: Album Two

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Mar 31, 2010 12:44 pm

^I used to listen to Pandora but Last.fm is much better. I have an account on there now :)
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Mar 31, 2010 12:50 pm

^^ I am hearing tons of Falling Up and Disciple on Pandora! it's awesome!

has anybody seen Skillet's music video for Hero? it's awesome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIJ9mj142PI
and here's the making of that video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9UOxO1q6LM
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Mar 31, 2010 1:11 pm

^I love that vid but I like Monster better :D . Pandora's good but Last.fm is better. You can skip as many tracks as you want and they also let you know of concerts that you would like near your area and free music that is similar to the music you listen to :)
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Kate » Mar 31, 2010 11:10 pm

Kat: yes, I did vote for the setlist. I really wish they had played "By My Side," I think it's one of my favorites. And "Good Morning Fire Eater." I can't wait to hear about TRS show.

I found out that the Seabird show changed and they're now coming next week with Sherwood instead. They're also with Black Gold and Reece. Black Gold is pretty good and Reece. is kind of wierd; not at all like either Sherwood or Seabird. My family is visiting next week and I'm going to see if I can take my sister.

LL: I'm not sure i'll buy (A)fternoon because I already own some of the songs, but I'm still writing a review for The Album Project on it. Let me know what you think of the EP.

I've been listening to a lot of I Can Make A Mess Like Nobody's Business lately. I bought their whole new album when Amazon made a mistake and sold it as one huge song for 99 cents. Ace Enders is pretty cool and they were good live and I really like some of their new songs. I can't stand the old stuff though.

I'm going to be writing reviews for Mae, Sent By Ravens, Anarbor, and Aqualung in the next few weeks, so I'll have plenty to report.

My review for the show can be read here. I did not take the awesome photos. Mine were terrible. Tyler took them.

May I forcefully recommend checking out the wealth of high quality of FREE music at NoiseTrade.com? I got Ben Rector, Synthar, The Rocketboys, Esterlyn, Sleeping at Last, Matthew Perryman Jones, The Fold, bensonwells and others.
Kate
Moderator Emeritus
DJ Mod

Postby Bookwyrm » Apr 01, 2010 1:28 am

I do so enjoy music! All types of music, but especially music I can futterwhacken to!

DOWN WITH THE RED QUEEN!!!!!!!
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Apr 01, 2010 11:41 am

Kate: My dad is a NoiseTrade.com freak! I myself am not a big fan because don't have anything I listen to!
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby MissAravis » Apr 01, 2010 12:56 pm

Kate: Great review! Wait, Vasioli is in Person L? Isn't that the frontman of The Starting Line? Does he do both?

Ok, concert last night. First two bands were local; they weren't very good. The singer for the 2nd group kept swearing, and it was really annoying. I was up in the front, and my mom was in the back near the merch table. Tara Avary went over and apologized to my mom for this guy's foul language :P, explaining that they had no control over the opening bands for that show (We met Tara right before the show when I bought a shirt) Hot Chelle Rae was decent (a lot better than the first two).

Then TRS played. This was the setlist:
Hills And Valleys
Do You Feel
Save
You Gotta Believe
Blackbird (Beatles cover, acoustic)
Break It Out
Brat Pack
I Want Something To Live For (acoustic)
Roses
I Need A Break
Walls
Cross My Heart
So, In This Hour...
You Tell Me To Live
Never Knew/Around The Clock/I Was So Alone (audience requests)
So Much Love
Light

The new songs sounded fantastic, especially Roses. Bryce's vocals were great, and he was so energetic and fun. A few of the songs he played by himself on the keyboard or acoustic guitar, but the rest were with the band.
So before the concert (like earlier in the morning) our mutual friend with Bryce texted him and told him to make sure to talk to me after the concert (we had told this friend of ours we were going, and he just decided to do that, lol). Afterwards when I talked to him and told him who I was he immediately started apologizing for not calling me up on the stage to play a song with him... I guess he wasn't sure if I was there or something ;)) He kept saying "Dude, you're so good!" and I was just like no, YOU are! :P Anyway, apparently, he and Tara have watched all of my youtube videos, and Bryce asked if I can transcribe arrangements of his songs. He said I could get them published, and he would pay me. :-o I was kind of in disbelief, but I think he was being serious. I don't think I could have gotten any more excited until he told all the people in the signing line to look up my youtube channel ;))
Here's a really short video that I took... (sorry you can't see his face, it was pretty dark outside, haha): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66LF49v350Q
MissAravis
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Apr 01, 2010 1:24 pm

Awesome Kat! That's so cool! I can't wait for the concert :D :p
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby narnian1 » Apr 01, 2010 6:08 pm

well,
just thought I'd confirm that I noticed all music recommended to me,
and I put it on a list along with some others that were recommended to me ages ago in the beginning of the other thread. I will begin getting to them this weekend. Slowly but surely I will get them all. I know who recommended what and when I do listen to them I will post here what I think.
narnian1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Apr 01, 2010 7:13 pm

^ok cool :D :p

So I'm trying to convince my parents to let me take this month's whole allowance to the concert- I want a tshirt...and Do You Feel would be nice too! :p :D
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Queen Susan » Apr 01, 2010 8:00 pm

WOW, Kat! That's really amazing, and very neat too!!! :D I'm so happy for you. :) :ymhug: :D
Queen Susan
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Whistling Welcomer

Postby MissAravis » Apr 01, 2010 8:10 pm

^ Thank you!! I need to start writing his stuff down now... this time the pressure's on :P
Yeah, you won't be disappointed, Glenstorm! I was pleasantly surprised by how great he sounded live.
Hehe. Well, the posters were only $2. :) I think the rest of the stuff was the same price as it is on their website. I got this shirt.

Glad you're checking into the recommendations, narnian1. :)
MissAravis
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby narnian1 » Apr 01, 2010 8:17 pm

The Rocket Summer:
I didn't care for Do You Feel, sorry.
Of Men and Angels I thought was good, will have to give it more listens before I decide to buy it or not though.
Walls which I don't think was recommended I like quite a bit, and I might just buy it BUT I will be careful and give it a few more listens first.

Sometimes I like a song on first listen and buy, only to not like it after that.
narnian1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby MissAravis » Apr 01, 2010 8:21 pm

Are you referring to the album names or song names when you say Do You Feel and Of Men And Angels? (since those are both title tracks too, haha).
Walls is a lot like the song Save in my opinion. They even the same chords in the opening. I'd see if you like that one.
MissAravis
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby narnian1 » Apr 01, 2010 8:23 pm

I mean just the track, no way I could have listened to the whole album already :p
I have "Save" on the list, I'll do that one next, but once I get a proper feel about the two I liked.
narnian1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby MissAravis » Apr 01, 2010 8:33 pm

Ok, sweet. And out of curiosity, what do you think of his voice? That seems to be the main thing that prevents people from getting into his music. :P
MissAravis
NarniaWeb Fanatic

PreviousNext