This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Favorite Music: Album Two

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Favorite Music: Album Two

Postby Kate » Apr 01, 2010 11:19 pm

Kat: Your experience sounds great! I'm glad it was so rewarding for you! I don't really like The Rocket Summer, but I do like his voice. I just don't like my music that punk-ish. Every once in a while "So Much Love" pops up on Last.FM and I never skip it though.

Two MAJOR recommendations:

Jonsi. Wow. This guy fronts the Icelandic band Sigur Ros and Jonsi is his solo project. Sigur Ros is really kind of out there, but Jonsi manages to be brought into the realm of pop and accessibility and achieves heights of musical brilliance and beauty I've never heard from a modern artist. Album is being released next week, but it's currently streamable on npr's website.

The Drive Back. Also get's a Wow. Recommended if you like Copeland, this band writes incredible alternative pop rock ballads. Strong vocals, lilting instrumentals that are to die for, and some catchy teen appeal make this band a candidate for best new band of 2010. Maybe they can help assuage the pain of losing Copeland, even though they definitely manage to create their own sound. Listen to "Fact & Fiction" and all the rest.

edit: Kat, you are correct. Kenny Vasoli is the lead singer of both The Starting Line and Person L
Kate
Moderator Emeritus
DJ Mod

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Apr 02, 2010 5:36 am

*happiness*
my brother finally gave me his extra copy of Skillet's CD "Collide"!!!!!
yay!
I will probably play it all day today! :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Apr 02, 2010 8:27 am

^finally! :p

narnian1: I'm glad you liked him kinda :p . Do You Feel wasn't my fave song at first but now I really like it :D

Kat: $2! I'll be getting one :D :p (my mom won't be happy- I already have like 5 posters up in my room ;) ). Pretty much everything else was the same price though? Crud. I thought most people put their stuff on sale at concerts :| :p
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Apr 02, 2010 10:37 am

^^ yeah, it's been a long time coming. He promised it to me a year ago!

did anyone know that if you hear Green Day's song "Time Of Your Life" too much, it can effect your brain?
against my will ( :p ) I have heard that song one too many times.....argh! lol
and it has effected me! ;)
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Queen Susan » Apr 02, 2010 4:20 pm

Well, my brother bought the Daylight EP by Remedy Drive the other day... I like it quite a bit... There's only five songs I think, one is an acoustic version of the song right before it, and the first song is a remix of "Daylight", which I don't like nearly as well as the real version. ;)) But I really like the new three songs on there--'Guide You Home' is probably my favorite.

Anyone else heard it?
Queen Susan
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Whistling Welcomer

Postby stardf29 » Apr 02, 2010 4:51 pm

Quick poll: What do you all think of the following songs? Have you heard of the song? If not, have you at least heard of the artist?
If you've heard of it, on a scale of 1-11 (11 being "my favorite song of all time"; otherwise pretend it's a 1-10 scale), how would you rate the song? Feel free to give any additional comments about the song, too.

"Feel Good Drag" by Anberlin
"Live Life Loud" by Hawk Nelson
"Monster" by Skillet
"Stand in the Rain" by Superchic[k]
"Meant to Live" by Switchfoot
"Fire It Up" by Thousand Foot Crutch

Bonus question: do you know what these songs have in common? (Besides the obvious, of course. :p ) Answer below:

They will all be released next Tuesday as downloadable songs for the Rock Band video game, which has previously seen acts such as Flyleaf, Paramore, Kutless, Mutemath, Underoath, and The Devil Wears Prada, so technically this wouldn't be the first time the game has seen Christian-influenced music.

"A Series of Miracles", a blog about faith and anime.

Avatar: Kojiro Sasahara of Nichijou.
stardf29
Moderator Emeritus
I'm on a goat.

Postby narnian1 » Apr 02, 2010 6:06 pm

listening to Rocket Summer again,
Of Men and Angels- track- I came to the conclusion, it's nice but not something I'll listen to alot so I won't be it.

Walls is still hanging in there, I really like it, but one small thing is bothering me, and it's in the chorus. I'll give it a couple more listens before coming to a conclusion.

Switchfoot's Learning to Breathe had been suggested to me ages ago,
finally got to it now. I am liking it as well. Again, not sure of the buy yet though.
narnian1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Apr 02, 2010 6:21 pm

Stardf29: I have heard the Anberlin one and am a fan of that band! I have heard the Hawk Nelson one and am a fan of that band! I have heard the Switchfoot one and am a fan of that band!
I don't like Thousand Foot Krutch or Superchic[k], but I have heard of them.
and of course I love the Skillet one! Monster is my favorite song! :ymhug: yay!
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Apr 02, 2010 8:20 pm

stardf29 wrote:
"Feel Good Drag" by Anberlin
"Monster" by Skillet

1. 7
2. 5
3. 10
4. 8
5. 10
6. (never heard it)

Bonus question: do you know what these songs have in common? (Besides the obvious, of course. :p ) Answer below:

They will all be released next Tuesday as downloadable songs for the Rock Band video game, which has previously seen acts such as Flyleaf, Paramore, Kutless, Mutemath, Underoath, and The Devil Wears Prada, so technically this wouldn't be the first time the game has seen Christian-influenced music.

sounds cool! I didn't know that :p
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Queen Susan » Apr 03, 2010 3:30 pm

stardf29 wrote:"Feel Good Drag" by Anberlin
"Monster" by Skillet

1. Heard OF the artist, but haven't heard the artist or the song.
No Rating
2. Heard the artist a couple times, can't remember the song though.
No Rating
3. Favorite band, kind of catchy song, but not my favorite one of theirs.
8 out of 10
4. Like the band, like the song...
8 out of 10
5. Band is OK, song is OK...
7 out of 10
6. Don't care for the band, don't know them that well, haven't heard the song.
No Rating.
Queen Susan
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Whistling Welcomer

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Apr 04, 2010 6:45 am

^^ Anberlin is simply addicting! you should hear some of their music! may I suggest these songs:

"The Unwinding Cable Car"
"Godspeed"
"Breathe"
these are my favorite Anberlin songs!
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby The Pendragon » Apr 04, 2010 3:41 pm

Kat wrote:Afterwards when I talked to him and told him who I was he immediately started apologizing for not calling me up on the stage to play a song with him... I guess he wasn't sure if I was there or something ;)) He kept saying "Dude, you're so good!" and I was just like no, YOU are! :P Anyway, apparently, he and Tara have watched all of my youtube videos, and Bryce asked if I can transcribe arrangements of his songs. He said I could get them published, and he would pay me. :-o I was kind of in disbelief, but I think he was being serious. I don't think I could have gotten any more excited until he told all the people in the signing line to look up my youtube channel ;))

WOW!!! That is SO awesome Kat! :D He said he would PAY you???!!! :-o That's SO cool! I saw the clip & I can hear you like gasping with excitement! Sounds like you were about to faint with joy! :p

Okay, so a little bit of SF news...

2 new songs, Mercy's War & My Coffin have been played for the first time.

I REALLY like these songs! Especially Mercy's War because it's so beautiful & it talks openly about Jesus. It seems a lot like a hymn to me. I just love the line "oh the wonderful blood of Jesus".

Jon said that these will be for his next solo project, but that could change. As long as they get a studio recording, I'm good! :p What do you guys think?
The Pendragon
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby HM Swanwhite » Apr 04, 2010 7:14 pm

Does anyone here like Britt Nicole? Or the Newsboys or Third Day?

As to stardf29's question, I've only heard Stand in the Rain by superchic[k]. I've heard of all the artists though and know songs by all of them except Thousand Foot Crutch.

I've only heard Anberlin's song The Unwinding Cable Car but I do really like it and I bought it off iTunes but after awhile it started to annoy me. Still like it though. ;)

And does anyone else want to continue talking about tobyMac? :D
Go Marina Erakovic!
I've met Michael Apted!!!
Av & Sig by Me. NWeb sis: ForeverFan
HM Swanwhite
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby narnian_at_heart » Apr 04, 2010 8:13 pm

I absolutely LOVE Brit Nicole, HM Swanwhite. She's probably my favorite second only to BarlowGirl. I have both of her CD's and highly reccomend them. She's the best!
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby HM Swanwhite » Apr 04, 2010 8:44 pm

Cool! There is someone else! I recently bought her second CD because it was kind of cheap. I didn't know too much of her music but I fell in love with it. :) I love all the songs. Cool party ones but also really deep songs which I can relate to on a spiritual level. Lots of variety and she has a great voice. :D I also have her song Set the World on Fire from her first album and I really like the song You off it, which I'll probably buy eventually. Which of the two albums is your fave narnian_at_heart?
Go Marina Erakovic!
I've met Michael Apted!!!
Av & Sig by Me. NWeb sis: ForeverFan
HM Swanwhite
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby greenleaf23 » Apr 05, 2010 9:16 am

"Feel Good Drag" by Anberlin- I haven't heard this one.

"Live Life Loud" by Hawk Nelson- umm...I'd probably give it a 7. I like listening to it, but it's not really one of my favorite songs.

"Monster" by Skillet- 9, I really like Monster, probably one of my favorite from Awake, and one of my favorites that I own. All around a great song :D

"Stand in the Rain" by Superchic[k]- 8 I like this song, though I haven't heard it in a while I remember really liking the music to it.

"Meant to Live" by Switchfoot- 8, a great song and fantastic lyrics.

"Fire It Up" by Thousand Foot Crutch- I haven't heard it, but what I have heard from TFK I've liked.

Well, I've finally heard some of Flyleaf, and I really liked it! iTunes has some Christian albums on sale and I was thinking about getting theirs. They also have Relient K and Remedy Drive though, so it's kind of a hard decision.

Is "Collide" really good Liberty? I only have Comatose and Awake, and I was wondering if I should go any farther back into their CDs.
Avi by Visionsbeyond/Awesome sig by Flambeau! NW Sis:Jay
LiveJournal (not really too terribly empty anymore :P)
Team Hoodie!!
greenleaf23
NarniaWeb Guru

PreviousNext