This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Postby shastastwin » Mar 21, 2017 5:41 am

I made it to Dawn for the first time! I caught 5 Monsters of the Meteor and 3 Dawn Guardians. 26 Dawn Dust overall. I'm not quite able to upgrade my ballista but I could get the final cannon upgrade. I'm just not sure what to pick. Even using my Tower in the last section or two I didn't get as much Bloodstone as I'd hoped.

Back to Meteorite farming. ;))

Edit: Whoops. I had that backwards. I can upgrade the cannon, but not the ballista.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby Varnafinde » Mar 21, 2017 1:26 pm

I was going to look to see how much Dawn Dust I had got, but MH seems to be down ("under maintenance") at the moment, so I cannot ...
Both the Cannon and the Ballista are useful - I upgraded the Cannon first.

Still only one Core. Two mice left on the current map, so we'll see whether that gives the other piece ...
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby starkat » Mar 21, 2017 7:52 pm

I am now set up for a mino run for Easter. I've moved over to Fort Rox for a bit. I'm not sure if I should stick it out here or go work on the furoma rift. Any suggestions?
starkat

Postby fantasia » Mar 21, 2017 8:19 pm

Congrats on your first trip into the Meteor stwin. :)

Kat, the nice thing about Fort Rox right now is that everybody else is hunting there working on treasure maps. IMHO it's definitely worth joining in while people are there unless you REALLY need something out of the FRift.
It's just like the other two law areas, once people are gone, it'll take longer to do by yourself.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby starkat » Mar 22, 2017 7:04 am

That's pretty much what I was thinking. I've not finished the frift and I'm not in the best spot for Easter, but this seemed like the better option for the moment especially with the drop rate of the pieces apparently fairly low.
starkat

Postby Gymfan15 » Mar 22, 2017 7:25 pm

Well, I've got enough portal pieces for two trips, so I think that's good for Easter...now I'm just farming Dawn Dust for cheese and whatnot. Definitely goes pretty fast with so many people hunting in the area; so that's great!
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby fantasia » Mar 23, 2017 1:23 pm

Nice Gymmie! I've got one Portal ready and I just snagged a Core out of the most recently completed treasure map.

Gymmie wrote:Definitely goes pretty fast with so many people hunting in the area; so that's great!
Indeed. I was under the impression it would go very fast for those willing to buy the supplies off of the Marketplace. Maybe less so for those just farming treasure chests, but a couple of us have gotten lucky having portals already. However, if I get a second portal, I'm going to go ahead and snag the Heart of the Meteor Mouse.

Did you all know that the Monster of the Meteor can drop the Animatronic Bird? He dropped one for me a day or two ago. I was rather caught off guard. Would anybody be able to use it to get the trap or should I just hang onto it for the future (likely sell it on the Marketplace when the price goes back up)?
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Mar 23, 2017 5:39 pm

Not I...I've got the Event Horizon so I've no need of the other trap. The only thing I could *possibly* be interested in is silver bolts for the Shadow trap, but since I'm still plugging away at those Temporal Turbines even if it kills me, I probably wouldn't get too much use out of it. *sigh* Laby I'm starting to hate you; I just want to be done and you won't let me, haha.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » Mar 24, 2017 9:07 am

Lots of interesting tidbits in FBF today.
Harbour Update: For the low-level players. The devs have had good luck updating the Windmill and Town of Gnawnia because of the tiny quest to complete in those areas, new players are less likely to quit, so now they're updating the Harbour next. :) Nothing too exciting for us upper level players, but there will be a few new mice to go back and snag. Originally was going to come out next week, but I think they opted to wait for the week after next.
Egg Hunt: The five eggs they showed in FBF were a Shelder Egg 8-} @-), Mutant Mongrel, Monster of the Meteor, Fort Rox, and Captain Croissant. They also said they are not planning on having a Heart of the Meteor Egg this year, though things could change. Varna says the egg hunt starts on April 11th.

ETA: Got my second portal this morning, so I'm going to go ahead and grab one Heart of the Meteor, and save the second portal "just in case."

ETA 2: After all that hoopla about "THIS MOUSE IS HARD TO CATCH!! GO IN WITH LOTS OF CHEESE!!!" I caught her on the first try LOL. Got her, got the trap, and am done with Fort Rox...again. ;)) I'll stick around and help people with maps for a little while, but then I'll probably head off to the Laby or FRift until the Harbour update and then Egg Hunt.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Mar 26, 2017 10:50 pm

I'm done with Fort Rox for the time being...I didn't feel like decimating any more of my resources before Easter since we'll need to hunt there for eggs. I crafted one portal, have spare pieces for a second and sold the parts to a third. Sure, the MotM is worth 1mil, but I can make more money than that selling the parts so why not. :p

I'm now going into full Easter prep mode, which means this week I'll be working like a crazy lady to do all the active hunting prep stuff since I leave for a trip on Friday and I'll be gone until Easter starts. I'm always bad at keeping up with my horn when I'm away from home, so I need to take care of the active stuff now.

Whee.

On the list that I want to get done before Easter:

- Finish my current Laby run and hunt through for a Mino run
- Get the remaining 3 Gur (or equivalent) that I need to craft my Shattering Charm; if there's time, get in position to catch one of the Big 3
- Fill Amp in case there's a Chessmaster egg
- Possibly set up the Wrift for a MBW (I have LLC to throw at her), but that's only if I finish everything else first)
- Possibly get to 3rd Wave for the Warpath
- Possibly get close to the end of my Iceburg run in case there's Mad Depth eggs

Of all of that, the first two are the most important...I'm fairly well set up elsewhere. If someone invites me a to a Shelder map I might join just for the Galleon Gouda, but I've got 10 pieces already so at least I have *some*.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » Mar 27, 2017 2:35 pm

Thanks for the reminder Gymmie. After the last two years of not having any new eggs outside of the new areas, I've slacked off prepping elsewhere. I'm basically going to copy your list. Hope that's OK. ;;)
Except for Galleon gouda...I have none and have no hope of getting any before the egg hunt. This may be the first year I won't complete the egg hunt, but I'm up for the challenge
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Mar 27, 2017 11:49 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:Thanks for the reminder Gymmie. After the last two years of not having any new eggs outside of the new areas, I've slacked off prepping elsewhere. I'm basically going to copy your list. Hope that's OK. ;;)
Except for Galleon gouda...I have none and have no hope of getting any before the egg hunt. This may be the first year I won't complete the egg hunt, but I'm up for the challenge

Nah man, you're not allowed to copy my list; get your own! X( X( X(

(lol JK; of course you can. It's not like I own the rights to it or anything. :p ;) )

I have a bigger list of all possible egg scenarios, but I didn't list the ones I've already completed...I can post my exhaustive one if you want.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

Postby fantasia » Mar 28, 2017 8:58 am

The reminders I needed were mostly for the Seasonal Garden, Iceburg, and Warpath. I think the rest of the areas I'm good to go, though this egg hunt may prove me wrong.

Btw, did you get your Galleon Gouda from a Shelder map or Tribal Island map? If TI maps drop it, I could definitely do one of those before the egg hunt.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby shastastwin » Mar 28, 2017 9:59 am

MH Wiki says Galleon Gouda only comes from SHelder map chests. :|

I am not doing much for Easter prep aside from building supplies in Fort Rox. I've got a good bit of prep done in the FRift and just hope there aren't too many eggs there.

The Shelder Egg disheartens me to no end. I thought the Magmatic Golem Egg was tough. :((
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby fantasia » Mar 28, 2017 10:30 am

shastastwin wrote:MH Wiki says Galleon Gouda only comes from SHelder map chests. :|

I saw that, and then down a little ways it mentions Tribal Isle maps as well, so I was confused.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Gymfan15 » Mar 28, 2017 11:57 pm

I think what we're going to want to do, once people start going after the Shelder, is always keep Shelder maps open. It only takes one Shelder to end the map, but then at least everyone who didn't catch one gets some GG that will hopefully help towards the next one.

I think the Shelder will be a drag like the Aether or Assassin Egg, but there's going to be a million people hunting in SSIII over the course of Easter so hopefully it won't be too bad. Last year I don't remember any eggs being particularly challenging for top-level hunters so I'm excited at the prospect of having to really work for it.

Of course, watch me eat my words in two weeks. :p
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus

PreviousNext