This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Christmas Countdown: A Note to Father Christmas - Wishlists

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Christmas Countdown: A Note to Father Christmas - Wishlists

Postby AstroWolfD » Dec 31, 2012 9:34 am

Hope everyone had a very nice Christmas! With 2013 almost upon us, would anyone like to share anything they received this Christmas?
Avi and sig by the Wonderful wolfloversk

AROOOOOOO!!!
AstroWolfD
NarniaWeb Guru
Guard Wolf of the NW WC

Postby SnowAngel » Jan 02, 2013 1:47 pm

I had a wonderful Christmas inspite of the fact that we didn't have any snow until after Christmas.

Well, I received the dress I really wanted, slippers which I really need, a couple of knit shirts, a couple of sweaters, dark chocolate, makeup, lip balm, socks, a pink necklace, a pair of purple earrings, Third Day's self-titled album, and a few other small things. :) I'm very happy! ;;)

And with my Christmas money, I already got Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows and I plan to buy Third Day's Miracle as well. B-)

SnowAngel
We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble
and write our blessings in sand. — C.H. Spurgeon
SnowAngel
Maiden of Monday Madness

Postby AslansChild » Jan 02, 2013 2:47 pm

Wow, SnowAngel , sounds like you had a very nice Christmas! :) It's always nice to get things you really need - and a treat to get a few that you don't. :-bd

Despite my fervent unbelief, Santa Clause did in fact come. :) I'd gotten some tea, (a big winner in my book :D ) , two movies : Alfred Hitchock's To Catch a Thief, and the 2005 version of Pride & Prejudice, both very good. I'd also gotten a nice fuzzy blanket, a little bit of cash, and last but certainly not least; the best Christmas shock I'd ever had ever: two tickets to The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.

Best. Gift. Ever.

Movie tickets are a rarity, but to get some for Christmas, for a film I've been waiting for? Priceless.
"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby stargazer » Jan 02, 2013 4:24 pm

An unexpected and rather whimsical gift came my way this past Christmas:

A Seattle rain globe. ;))

clicky

My brother and his family have lived in the Seattle area for a long time, so we're familiar with both the "it rains in Seattle? Really?!" jokes and the practical observation that summers there often seem drier than those here in Minnesota.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Previous